RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: New wireless provider??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> New wireless provider??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They all suck. Personal phone and OTR mobile hot spot, both on AT&T. Verizon work phone. One day one works and the other fails. Next day, switches. Have yet to go someplace where they both don't work.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There really are only 3 networks. Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. The remnants of Sprint will be dismantled by the end of 2022.

There are dozens and dozens Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO), that offer many different discounts. I use Ting which rides on Verizon or T-Mobile. Not the best data rates.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

bgum wrote:

Visible unlimited everything phone can be used as a Hotspot can be as little as $25 total per month. Is a division of Verizon so it has same coverage.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if they have plans for 5g?

Visible (Verizon) 5G is included in the price so long as you use a compatible phone.

I'm getting 115-140 Mbps download speeds with my iPhone 4G. BTW, it's quite easy to get the $25. month unlimited everything rate on Visible.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coverage quality varies all over the country for the carriers. My advice is to choose carrier based on coverage quality in the areas you will be using the phone.

In our area and the places we travel to Verizon has better coverage than ATT. Our truck has ATT and many places we get coverage with Verizon but not ATT. And in some places we get ATT coverage and no Verizon. Between the two we usually get coverage in most places with more than a few houses.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/21 11:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been happy with the T mobile 55+ for several years, but it seems that since the merger the reception at my home has gotten worse; calls breaking up and such.
Google Fi has an interesting concept. As you drive around the phone can jump back and forth from two or maybe all three networks as needed, but it requires a special phone from them. Might give it a try.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> New wireless provider??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.