RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Australian Truck Campers are dramatically growing

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Australian Truck Campers are dramatically growing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the SAME small company based in Queensland, this just shows the activity you are getting now. Truck camper is 20ft long
[image]
[image]
[image]
Yes an Expedition Vehicle
[image]
[image]

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

On my last count there were 15 manufacturers. Overall the RV industry is booming here.
From the Expedition Like
[image]
to the conventional
[image]
Larger conventional
[image]
[image]

Hello Robert. I see the jacks now so I guess that makes them official truck campers. LOL Not being snarky sir. In Australia are these type of campers used primarily as 4 wheel drive campers to go off road or are they used as I use mine just so I have a vehicle to get around in? They seem massive and very heavy and I am wondering if the terrain where you are supports such weight. I am referring to the ground as in a dirt road. When I camp in GA the dirt is mostly clay, Very solid and very strong but in Florida it is sand and not so much. Very different camping. Thank you, Joe

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/21 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Hello Robert. I see the jacks now so I guess that makes them official truck campers. LOL Not being snarky sir. In Australia are these type of campers used primarily as 4 wheel drive campers to go off road or are they used as I use mine just so I have a vehicle to get around in? They seem massive and very heavy and I am wondering if the terrain where you are supports such weight. I am referring to the ground as in a dirt road. When I camp in GA the dirt is mostly clay, Very solid and very strong but in Florida it is sand and not so much. Very different camping. Thank you, Joe

Joe in some cases they have a Dinghy. Generally they are geared for Off Road, they are very good at very difficult terrain
Of the first three shown they are used like a convential car as well. Especially the small Pickup Truck in the middle.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/21 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some Camper interiors
[image]
[image]
[image]

Geewizard

WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:

I do enjoy your periodic posts showing the Australian version of truck camper.

Me too, Robert. Thanks.

2004 Outfitter Apex 8
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
2 Fullriver 100AH AGM batteries
Compressor fridge
Wave 3 Heater
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Some Camper interiors
[image]
[image]
[image]

They seem well built and comfortable. That's something I can off road in. Never been off roading in my life. If I could ask a couple more questions. The older I get the more comfort and inside toys I require. I am 60 but in the old days would camp in a tent type of thing but now no way. Are there luxury campgrounds with full hookups, restrooms, activities, etc... Is it easy to get propane filled, Are the campgrounds well kept. Are there freeways and highways In other words is it like it is here in America?
Thanks for your time and I like the pics, Joe
PS, I visited Perth many years ago in the navy and I can remember the inside of the bar I was in but not much else...[emoticon]

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

They seem well built and comfortable. That's something I can off road in. Never been off roading in my life. If I could ask a couple more questions. The older I get the more comfort and inside toys I require. I am 60 but in the old days would camp in a tent type of thing but now no way. Are there luxury campgrounds with full hookups, restrooms, activities, etc... Is it easy to get propane filled, Are the campgrounds well kept. Are there freeways and highways In other words is it like it is here in America?
Thanks for your time and I like the pics, Joe
PS, I visited Perth many years ago in the navy and I can remember the inside of the bar I was in but not much else.

Actually you get better facilities than you get in the US, from what I have seen of US grounds. Yes Freeways and highways are well kept. Lot being spent on infrastructure here. AN Australian Company has been building Freeways in the US

* This post was edited 10/03/21 03:38pm by RobertRyan *

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Actually you get better facilities than you get in the US, from what I have seen of US grounds. Yes Freeways and highways are well kept. Lot being spent on infrastructure here. AN Australian Company has been building Freeways in the US

I’m not sure you want to take credit for a lot of the freeways in the US. [emoticon] Some are pretty bad. [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/21 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love those interiors,nice and bright !

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Robert:

I enjoy seeing your periodic visuals on the evolving RV overlanding industry Down Under.

It would also be interesting to see approximate prices in $AUD for the campers?

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Australian Truck Campers are dramatically growing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.