RV.Net Open Roads Forum: An Australian Class C liked by Lazydays

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

 > An Australian Class C liked by Lazydays

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/21 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

I tweeted these images about Australian Class C's and got likes to my surprise from Lazydays in the US
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]


Very nice, looks like an A like other said, but the factory (I presume Isuzu) cab makes it a C. I wonder how service is usually performed, is there a removable cowling inside to allow access to the engine since the cab can't be tilted? Interestingly, 25 years or so ago Trek sold a small class A in the US built on the Isuzu chassis-without the cab. It had the old 135 hp 3.9L motor so it could barely get out of its own way. The same motorhome today with the 215 hp 5.2 motor would make a decent performing little motorhome with great mpg.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/21 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Very nice, looks like an A like other said, but the factory (I presume Isuzu) cab makes it a C. I wonder how service is usually performed, is there a removable cowling inside to allow access to the engine since the cab can't be tilted? Interestingly, 25 years or so ago Trek sold a small class A in the US built on the Isuzu chassis-without the cab. It had the old 135 hp 3.9L motor so it could barely get out of its own way. The same motorhome today with the 215 hp 5.2 motor would make a decent performing little motorhome with great mpg.
Yes a service cowling within the Cab

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/21 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As well we have the new Super C Motorhome d e im STG Global
[image]

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/21 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

As well we have the new Super C Motorhome from STG Global
[image]

Plus Off Road Class C's from the likes of SLR Motorhomes and other manufacturers
[image]

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/08/21 03:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Class C uses an existing front truck body (typically from a van) with the house custom made by the MH manufacturer.

Class A the MH manufacturer builds both the house and the cockpit enclosure all as one structure.

Looks like this one uses a cabover truck retaining the cab, so it would technically be a Class C. I assume the cab can't flip forward for easy engine access based on the pictures.


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV


RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/08/21 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Class C uses an existing front truck body (typically from a van) with the house custom made by the MH manufacturer.

Class A the MH manufacturer builds both the house and the cockpit enclosure all as one structure.

Looks like this one uses a cabover truck retaining the cab, so it would technically be a Class C. I assume the cab can't flip forward for easy engine access based on the pictures.

No engine access is in a portal section in the Cab like other Cabover Motorhomes

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/08/21 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Class C uses an existing front truck body (typically from a van) with the house custom made by the MH manufacturer.

Class A the MH manufacturer builds both the house and the cockpit enclosure all as one structure.

Looks like this one uses a cabover truck retaining the cab, so it would technically be a Class C. I assume the cab can't flip forward for easy engine access based on the pictures.

No engine access is in a portal section in the Cab like other Cabover Motorhomes


Ruins one of the big advantages of a cab over design where you can move the cab completely clear to get great access standing next to the engine.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/08/21 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Ruins one of the big advantages of a cab over design where you can move the cab completely clear to get great access standing next to the engine.

No Off Road Cabover Motorhomes which need more maintenance than any other Motorhome, have only a portal. Pusher Class A's have similar access.
In this case an Off Road Bus
[image]

* This post was edited 10/08/21 03:35pm by RobertRyan *

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/09/21 03:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Quote:

Ruins one of the big advantages of a cab over design where you can move the cab completely clear to get great access standing next to the engine.

No Off Road Cabover Motorhomes which need more maintenance than any other Motorhome, have only a portal. Pusher Class A's have similar access.


Didn't say they needed "more" maintenance...just that a cab over that can flip up out of the way makes maintenance much easier as you can walk up and stand next to the engine.

Grew up with vans and it was a pain getting to much of the engine.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/09/21 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Didn't say they needed "more" maintenance...just that a cab over that can flip up out of the way makes maintenance much easier as you can walk up and stand next to the engine.

Grew up with vans and it was a pain getting to much of the engine.

That is not a big deal with Cabovers or Pusher Class A Motorhomes it is the other aspects of the design that is appealing. Try working on a modern vehicles engine[emoticon]

* This post was edited 10/09/21 02:36pm by RobertRyan *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

 > An Australian Class C liked by Lazydays
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.