|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> LAND BORDER DUE TO OPEN EARLY NOVEMBER

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

White House says U.S. land borders to reopen to vaccinated travelers Nov. 8

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many threads does a forum need to discuss a border reopening? Evidently at least 1/2 a dozen lol.

I went.

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave, couldn't agree more. We're not Canadian, but for the last two years with Covid we really didn't change much of our travel plans. We used masks and social distancing and continued to enjoy ourselves.
Got our shots this past spring and hope to get a Booster once approved. More worried about the idiots on the road causing an accident than catching the virus.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

noteven wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

I'm not sure I want to go south just yet.

As of yesterday:

84,154 new cases
1,480 new deaths

9,695,610 active cases.

Round up USA to 10,000,000 active / 350,000,000 population = 2857 active per 100,000 population.

Saskatchewan 73,057 active / 1,000,000 population = 7305 active per 100,000 population.

Do you practice any kind of gun safety?

Statistics say just 27,000 people a year are accidentally shot in the US, not much of a risk right?

330,000,000 people, 27,000 shootings, so less than 8.2 per 100,000 population per YEAR.

Do I practice “gun safety”? Yes, as I was trained.

This has to do what with the land border opening?

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/21 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

noteven wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

As of yesterday:

84,154 new cases
1,480 new deaths

9,695,610 active cases.

Round up USA to 10,000,000 active / 350,000,000 population = 2857 active per 100,000 population.

Saskatchewan 73,057 active / 1,000,000 population = 7305 active per 100,000 population.

Statistics say just 27,000 people a year are accidentally shot in the US, not much of a risk right?

330,000,000 people, 27,000 shootings, so less than 8.2 per 100,000 population per YEAR.

Just that there is risks in every breathe we take.

I apologize if it was taken personally brother, it was only meant as an illustration. Seatbelts, road safety, gun safety, food safety, everybody seems to be happy (or sad) with wildly differing levels of risk.

In a lot of cases it seems to be way more political than factual or based in science.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

noteven wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

noteven wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

As of yesterday:

84,154 new cases
1,480 new deaths

9,695,610 active cases.

Just that there is risks in every breathe we take.

I apologize if it was taken personally brother, it was only meant as an illustration. Seatbelts, road safety, gun safety, food safety, everybody seems to be happy (or sad) with wildly differing levels of risk.

In a lot of cases it seems to be way more political than factual or based in science.

Apology accepted JaxDad - I understand what you meant now.

I'm pretty much done with the daily dose of fear mongering.

I'm going to ride my motorcycle tomorrow. Possibly a bit over the speed mandate on gravel and dirt roads. And then dodge a few texting drivers on a main road or two. If I survive that I'm going to cook something high fat on the barbeque and then watch the sunset and northern lights.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/21 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

I'm going to ride my motorcycle tomorrow. Possibly a bit over the speed mandate on gravel and dirt roads. And then dodge a few texting drivers on a main road or two. If I survive that I'm going to cook something high fat on the barbeque and then watch the sunset and northern lights.

Sounds like a fantastic day.

May I suggest a cold adult beverage or 3 to help in the digestion and to get over those problem drivers.

cdnwayne

Victoria

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My understanding is that Canadians returning via land will have to show results of a recent (72 hrs?)PCR test indicating no covid infection. Where and how do we get one? I am contemplating a trip south in January and returning vi Blaine > Vancouver or Pt Angeles > Victoria.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cdnwayne wrote:

My understanding is that Canadians returning via land will have to show results of a recent (72 hrs?)PCR test indicating no covid infection. Where and how do we get one? I am contemplating a trip south in January and returning vi Blaine > Vancouver or Pt Angeles > Victoria.

That is correct, a PCR or NAAT test less than 72 hours old. If however you’re going over & back in less than 72 hours you can get the test done in Canada before you go.

In the US most Walgreens and CVS’s I’ve been to in the south are doing the tests, by appointment, for free for Canadians.

Go online to pharmacies in the area you will be heading back home from and scout it out.

cdnwayne

Victoria

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, JaxDad. It's encouraging that Walgreens and CVS are options, (I should be able to find one), and more encouraging that they are free. Appointment is another issue (schedules are not a part of my travel plans!), but compromises are always possible. Trying to be very definitive at this point is also futile, I believe, because the situation could change with time. But I have more information now than before your reply.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> LAND BORDER DUE TO OPEN EARLY NOVEMBER
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.