RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: US Reopening Canadian Border

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> US Reopening Canadian Border

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have edited or deleted several posts that were not directly related to the opening of the Canada US border, or were either off-topic or political.

Please keep the discussion to the OP’s topic.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

Crowe, since you announced this happy event, I've been attempting to parse out the details of the US border opening. 1) The exact date in November we do not know, 2) It now provides that all "essential" travelers have to be double vaccinated, commercial truck drivers, etc, 3) There will be no 72-hour PCR testing required, 4) Of course, all "non-essential".travelers must be double vaccinated, 5) Acceptable double vaccinations will only be those approved by the FDA and WHO.

"Double vaccinated" is a bit of a misnomer. They just need to complete the series of two shots which is considered one vaccination or have had the J&J shot.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

Crowe, since you announced this happy event, I've been attempting to parse out the details of the US border opening.

3) There will be no 72-hour PCR testing required,

5) Acceptable double vaccinations will only be those approved by the FDA and WHO.

Purely as clarification, from what’s been announced so far it appears that re: 3), there will be no requirement for testing of any kind, PCR or otherwise, and 5), the requirement will be a vaccine approved by either the FDA OR the WHO, not both, I.E. the AstraZeneca will suffice.

campinghut

Carstairs Alberta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more thing it appears will be necessary is a negative PCR test when returning to Canada, but not when going south.

Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2019 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 all Ford F350's)

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad -- yes, you say the particulars of these border openings so much better than I do. There is a "US Embassy and Consulates in Canada Fact Sheet" (use those words on Google) which will appear on the internet from the State Department to indicate what we have discussed. I am computer challenged at managing links. However, this news is so new that the Dept of State may not, as yet, amended the Fact Sheet. As more details become available from reliable sources, would you help add those to the list? By the way, the answer is "FDA or WHO."

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe, Absolutely, you said it a better and clearer way.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Number 6). US Congress Representatives are making a push to the CDC to quickly clarify whether or not "mixed" two-dose vaccines given to foreign nationals will be acceptable vaccines to facilitate crossing the US border. 4,000,000 Canadians have taken the mixed doses. 7) well, we probably all know by now the border opens up on November 8.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> US Reopening Canadian Border
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.