|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Time to move on

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
JusBud

Right Here

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was going to quietly disappear but there was a thought I had and hoped it might help in the future.

First, the good. I got some wonderful advice here that has me much more comfortable behind the wheel. Giant thanks to all that helped out.

To get to those tidbits of good ideas, though, sometimes one has to sift through a group of people who find themselves knowers of all things RV and take pride in pointing out mistakes other people make to degrade them publicly. The last newsletter that came out, a poster violently attacked another man and claimed the rudeness came from his victim. It’s true, he was antagonized.

I thank the ones who gave me fantastic advice, without ever knowing it! Many of you taught me some great strategies for safety and it’s been valuable. I loved reading the stories from the people who truly love checking out this country and find beauty everywhere.

As much as i appreciate the work the mods do here, they can lay down the heavy hand. I've been told I have a "vendetta" against mods lol. Funny since I'm admin and a moderator on other forums. Probably get banned for discussing mods actions but take it easy sometimes. We're only human and can swear or say the wrong things but no reason to just work things out.

There has been talk about why people leave here. It's up to everyone here to make them feel like they aren't asking a stupid question or to use the search button.

And the Good Sam section. Geez I put in a good word and the thread gets closed after a week or two. Didn't even get a thank you. Now nobody sees it. So I quit Good Sam.

I wish everyone safe and happy travels and a continued lust for life that we all seem to find by bumpin around in our homes on wheels!

* This post was last edited 10/19/21 02:09pm by JusBud *   View edit history

trb46

Central Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best wishes to you for a safe and healthy future, wherever it takes you.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 04:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This forum is dying for multiple reasons but I'll stay as the number of good helpful people far outnumber the jerks. I just skip over their rants, but it's the same 15 or so every time.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/21 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck and God Bless you and yours. I will remain. You make some points that are right. Good people with good advice.
I have a Red Oak tree in my yard that is dying. Beautiful tree. Several years ago an 'aboroist' was trimming it and dropped a big log on the side of the tree and ripped the bark off in a small place. Tree got infested with ants and ate the heart wood out. Then came beetles boring holes and now I have a beautiful dead tree.
We may have gotten our bark ripped on this forum sometime in the past from an expert and it is causing the problems we ar having now. I don't know but I do see a huge drop in readership and comments since I first came here years ago.
I am pretty senior so I will pull some rank and ask that we be a little less hostile and a lot more helpful in what we say and how we say it.
THis forum is one of my daily stops to check each morning and afternoon while i have computer time.
Wish you all a great life whatever and wherever you go

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/21 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well you can go "Read Only"
But that said if you think the mods hear are heavy handed"
You ain't seen nothign (I have no complaints here. I've kissed another form family good by due to heavy handed moderators and have complaints about another service which is not RV specific and shall not be named)

I also belong to rvforum.net Recommendation given.

But stick around here. You can learn a lot .... Just reading.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JusBud

Right Here

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/21 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Well you can go "Read Only"
But that said if you think the mods hear are heavy handed"
You ain't seen nothign (I have no complaints here. I've kissed another form family good by due to heavy handed moderators and have complaints about another service which is not RV specific and shall not be named)

I also belong to rvforum.net Recommendation given.

But stick around here. You can learn a lot .... Just reading.

The "other" rv forum must have a mod for every section
I got banned for speaking my mind in a mature manner but they thought otherwise lol
When an admin on the other site tells people how to smuggle alcohol into a non alcohol park then I disapprove
I do a lot of reading here when searching for an answer.
Funny to read a lot of the posts that have nothing to do with the question.

JusBud

Right Here

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/21 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did sell our RV.
Not sure if or when we will buy another. It was our 4th Class A since 1993.
Been camping in northern arizona for almost 20 years and bit the bullet and bought a vacation home.
Didn't really want to sell but neighbor heard we were thinking about it. Went for a test ride and he wrote me a check.
Now i have some beer money

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 05:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My RV got "Sold" to the insurance company thanks to a nice trucker who totaled it while it was parked (Well Hostile might be a better word but he actually did me a favor as for medical reasons it was time to park and for mechanical reasons I was looking at major "Maintenance" in the near future. so he did me a favor)

I still stick around however to help folks.

JusBud

Right Here

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/21 08:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I must say the mods here are a lot cooler than the irv2 site
My thread didn't last 15 minutes lol

Sad to see my rv at the neighbor's house and it drives by
A lot of memories

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry we’ll miss camping next to ya, but best wishes on the next adventure. May the wind be always at your back and the road rise up to meet you on the journey.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Time to move on
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.