|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> My wife is gonna kill me, please help

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/21 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully her dad will look at the RV and validate your decision to buy it. If everything else is in great shape, then a non-functional fireplace is like buying a wel-cared-for car with dirty floor mats. You just buy new ones and be glad the car runs perfectly.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

She already knows what you're up to. She's just setting the trap tighter as you go. Have fun.

I told you that she was on to you. Heck, she turned you on to this forum in the first place. Good luck with it all, sometimes not speaking is a blessing.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate to say it but you don't need a fireplace, you need a good lawyer. What a miserable life!

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Please let us know where to send flowers prior to your demise.

[emoticon]

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/21 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not knowing any specifics of your fireplace I will step out on a limb and say this is a simple issue from not understanding how to start it or insufficient power from the house circuit. Either way you will suffer the wrath of not knowing how to deal with it.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JTMills

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Father-in -law fixed the fireplace. And it was simple. He removed the device and it wasn’t plugged in. How many of you said to do the same thing? Plenty. I hadn’t had time to before reinforcing were sent. She doesn’t like waiting. Relieved it wasn’t a major problem because we all know how that would have gone for me.

As for the good news, I caught 2 mice running havoc inside and sealed the undercarriage so they can no longer get in. I also replaced broken vent covers from our recent rain....which is how I knew to replace them. I am now in the good graces and all clear from my wife.

On a other note. We head out this Friday for a 10 day virgin run. Do you guys haul WITH water tanks full or do you fill closer to destination? If you do fill en route, are there typical places one can go to fill with potable water? We will be going from Spokane, WA to Pullman, WA

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/21 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the water source is unknown at the destination I haul a full tank of water. Not a big deal.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

JTMills

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you think back to how many people asked you if the fireplace was plugged into the house or if the trailer was? An answer would have had you back in the bedroom long ago.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definition henpecked:

A man, thoroughly and continually dominated, intimidated, bullied, or browbeaten by a woman, especially his wife or girlfriend.

I hope you checked the other systems out like:

The fridge - does it come on and get cool? Runs ok on propane? You know that you have to bleed air from the lines by lighting a burner in the stove first - right?
Water heater - does it heat water?
Air Conditioner - comes on and blows cold air?
Water Pump - runs and pumps water from sinks and shower?
Furnace - comes on and blows hot air?
Stove - burners come on?

Hopefully you saw all this stuff working before you bought it - except the fireplace didn't work, so chances are high that's a no.

You understand that you can't test most things by plugging the TT into a 120 volt plug via an extension cord running from the garage - right? You should have a 30 amp RV outlet (not clothes dryer) outlet installed where your power cord can reach it.

Do you know how old the tires are? You know what psi to fill them to before leaving and have a good spare? You understand the TT tires can look better than they actually are and the older they are - especially if they are made in china, the more prone to blowouts?

Did the roof and caulk seams get inspected - or had maintenance done in the last year? Even seen the roof?

Do you understand your tow vehicle's capabilities? Know about payload? Know how much weight a full tank of fresh water will add? And - has the fresh water system ever been used? Been sanitized? How do you know it doesn't have antifreeze in it?

She was having a meltdown about an electric fireplace - imagine if any of these other creature comforts are all of the sudden taken away?

I personally wouldn't go anywhere with someone who treats me like you describe - and now your going on a long trip to spend time with this person in a confined space? Life must be great as a punching bag.

Lots of luck to you - you will need it since we all know how that will go for you if things aren't picture perfect...

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> My wife is gonna kill me, please help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.