|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Running lights on cars

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

Just so you know there is no "Study"; All your link is someone referencing "Studies have shown" with nothing else but opinions based on zilch, nada, nothing. No study, no data, nothing by hypotheses.

Wow, really? Read the article, it mentions a study. If you can't verify these truths with your own eyes, I don't know how else to talk to you...

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

Just so you know there is no "Study"; All your link is someone referencing "Studies have shown" with nothing else but opinions based on zilch, nada, nothing. No study, no data, nothing by hypotheses.

I agree the study should be cited. Sloppy journalism. That said, there is no study needed. It's common sense and we see the effects every day. It's about visibility. I don't need a study to recognize it's easier to see vehicles with their lights on during the day. Moreover, there is tons of verifiable data out there to support the effectiveness. Google is your friend.

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire Time wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

I agree the study should be cited. Sloppy journalism. That said, there is no study needed. It's common sense and we see the effects every day. It's about visibility. I don't need a study to recognize it's easier to see vehicles with their lights on during the day. Moreover, there is tons of verifiable data out there to support the effectiveness. Google is your friend.

No doubt you can see a light at longer distance. But if all cars have lights on, they will be no more noticed. And the car, half mile away, lights on or off is not the danger to you that the 1 100 yards away. And if it must have a light to be safe how do you walk from car to store?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread has the same potential as the recent running your generator after hours thread that hit the final buzzer yesterday.
Keeper up boys!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/21 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

Wow, really? Read the article, it mentions a study. If you can't verify these truths with your own eyes, I don't know how else to talk to you...
Take a nap Spoon. Your getting really CRANKY in your old age! Ha

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

Motorcycle training and emergency vehicle operations courses have taught me to not overdrive my vision. Being able to see twice as far away is an advantage to educated people.

[image]

I have only read the last couple pages, but have noticed motorcycles referenced several times. MCs were required to have lights on all the time, when sold new, for many years.

I know this is about cars/trucks/etc, but riding a MC, you want to be very visible to stay safe. If you notice the cat eye headlights on my bike, I want to tell you, they are super visible, even in the daytime!

As Spoon mentioned, motorcycle training, which is defensive riding at it's peak, will make a better driver of you, no matter what you drive.

Jerry

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/21 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

As Spoon mentioned, motorcycle training, which is defensive riding at it's peak, will make a better driver of you, no matter what you drive.

Jerry

Easy Jerry, they are going to start calling you cranky and demanding studies!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

Well, ole w_z is doing his best impersonation of a typical RV.net member who would argue that the sky isn’t blue. Can’t blame spoon fer that!

wing_zealot

East of the Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

Well, ole w_z is doing his best impersonation of a typical RV.net member who would argue that the sky isn’t blue. Can’t blame spoon fer that!
Sorry that my little two sentence post went over your head G D. Next time I won't use compound sentences.

* This post was edited 10/22/21 11:08am by wing_zealot *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Running lights on cars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.