RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/21 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's time to point out that many of the members that post regularly here live in Mexico full time, and some for many many years.

I'm sure that there are some I'm not aware of, but people to heed, and ask advice of because they are actually here would be qtla9111, playaboy, navagator, Talleyho69 (Moderator), and there are bound to be more that I'm forgetting.

Just between the four of us we cover different areas of the country and different types of vehicles. All are open to questions and to share information.

Yes, there are a number of other great contributors who spend time in Mexico, not just in one location, but some travel the country. Hopefully those members will also share their knowledge.

Everyone has something to share, let's do that!!!

dkilley

Delta, BC, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/21 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent idea. We stay in Rincon de Guayabitos for 6 months +-

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those persons that are over 65 years, AMLO "Mexican President" (whom some of you do not like) passed a law that any one needing medical attention shall receive it at hospitals of the IMSS free of charge with a donation of blood from two persons, and yes foreigners who are residents in Mexico are eligible.

At the end of June and beginning of July of this year I spent 10 days in the hospital of Atisapan, we were asked to donate blood unfortunately no one in my immediate family can donate nor can I, so the taxi driver and the dispatch lady gave blood, I in turn gave $2,000.00 PESOS to each one for volunteering, All of the lab studies and medicine have been free, now this only applies to persons 65 and older, tourist should have an insurance purchased in Mexico, if they do not have one then this applies.

The care and attention that I received from the nurses and doctors was 110% better than what my wife received in the hospital in Chula Vista CA. The doctor's "because there were several not just one" that looked in on me twice a day and four times at night and guess what they listened to me and they spent more than 3:1/2 minutes checking me out and letting me know how I was coming along was far better than the 3 sonograms and two MRI scans that my wife had in Chula Vista for a gall bladder stone!

I will not comment on the hospital food, edible yes as hospital food goes just keep in mind that it is Mexican food and not French cuisine, so we will leave it at that!

So for all of you x-pats and visitors over 65 your health care just became easier, the attention and human compassion that the nurses and doctors have is a lot better than the robotic you are just a number of dollar$ for us that you receive in the U.S.

So try not to get sick but if you need hospitalization, you now have some knowledge of what to do and where to get medical attention.

Be safe out there!

navegator

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Navigator wrote:

For those persons that are over 65 years, AMLO "Mexican President" (whom some of you do not like) passed a law that any one needing medical attention shall receive it at hospitals of the IMSS free of charge with a donation of blood from two persons, and yes foreigners who are residents in Mexico are eligible.

Wow. That is pretty interesting. Would it be possible to post a link to the "new law" ? I'd really like to read it through (in Spanish)...

Thanks!

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SeƱor silversand I have to ask my friend and cardiologist, who was the general director of the cardiology department at the hospital de la Raza until he retiered and now has his own clinic with an operating room, he directed me to the hospital, I would guess it is in the Diario Official de la Nacion, I need to ask him when this was implemented, I will see him some time next week and let you know.

navegator

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I recall it has been in effect for almost 2 years. qtla9111 will know.

It is restricted to citizens, temporary and permanent residents, and in the IMSS hospitals, not the private ones.

Temporary or permanent residency isn't difficult to get, it's simply a process.

rehless

Bellevue, Wa. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I intend to come to Puerto Penasco in December. My mate has a pacemaker and is on Warfarin. Mexicoruss was kind enough to point me to San Jose Clinic. Before I attempt to call them, does any one have more info? Does someone there speak English? She needs to be tested for anti coagulation and her Warfarin adjusted, if necessary. Thank you for any info.
Bill Rehfield

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill,

I can't help with Rocky Point clinics except to say, english is widely spoken in Puerto Penasco. I'm sure some one will chime in with the info you're looking for.

Not sure if you're aware but , Failing in that, Puerto Penasco is merely about 65 miles over the Us/Mexican border, which offers easy return to the US through the Lukeville Az crossing. Close bye, you have the cities/towns of Aho, Gila Bend, Casa Grande, Buckeye and finally Phoenix.

You can make it a day trip and easily reach any of those cities and return the same day to Puerto Penasco. Phoenix obviously being a bit farther but doable. Just some alternatives

rehless

Bellevue, Wa. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Galvanizd, thank you for the reply. Been to Puerto penasco several times, but not in the last couple years. She is 85, I am 84. If it happens, I'm sure this would be our last trip.
Bill

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill. Most towns and
cities have free standing labs. You do not need a Dr. Just walk in and they will do your test. We travelled from Sonora all the way to Chiapis and my friend had to have his blood tested every week. Never had a problem. Do not worry about your Spanish. They will soon figure out what you want .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Using Resources-the many members who live here full time
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.