RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rehless

Bellevue, Wa. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moisheh, thank you for the reply. Here they prick the end of her finger and then
slide that into a small reader that gives them her INR and they adjust, or not, her Warfarin dose. We sought to do this a few years ago in Puerto Penasco and the lab drew blood from her arm and seemed to know nothing about dosage. It may well be that they do not have the device to test for an INR reading.
Bill

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/21 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill,

Was just looking at Rocky point and found this. Maybe it will help. Have not confirmed any of the phone numbers but might be a place to start

http://www.rockypointreview.com/doctors.html

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Señor. rehless maybe the lab technicians did not understand what you needed them to do, If I may take the liberty to write down the instructions so that they can read them in Spanish for you.

Por favor: la señora necesita una prueba de la quagulacion de la sangre para poder ajustar la dosis de la medicina Warfanin, gracias.

Translation to English: Please: the lady needs a blood quagulacion test in order to be able to adjust the Warfarin medicine dose, thank you.

I hope this might help some

navegator

P.S. how expensive is the machine to purchase? Is it like the glucose test units?

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navegator wrote:

Señor silversand I have to ask my friend and cardiologist, who was the general director of the cardiology department at the hospital de la Raza until he retiered and now has his own clinic with an operating room, he directed me to the hospital, I would guess it is in the Diario Official de la Nacion

....aquí espero más información. Gracias!

...on edit: I went all the way back to 2019 at the DOF (3 operational years), and the last document I read through was: Acuerdo mediante el cual se establecen las Reglas de Operación del Programa IMSS-BIENESTAR para el ejercicio fiscal 2019. I didn't read any mention. So, the Presidential announcement must be some form of addendum to Reglas de Operación del Programa IMSS-BIENESTAR. I'll continue digging....

* This post was edited 10/20/21 02:52pm by silversand *

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

rocmoc

SouthWest USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/21 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watched the CDC meeting online today and they discussed Foreign Nationals (Canadians in USA) will be able to get a booster in USA.

rocmoc n Th SouthWest

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/21 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sr: silversand.

I have not forgoten, I was going to meet with my friend on Friday but he spent 9 hours in the Naval hospital on a open heart surgery, will see him on Tuesday and grill him on this "law", from what I have been able to gather it was a presidential action and the congres went with it, it seems it is still under debate or something like that but the IMSS (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) got the order to go ahead and institute this policy.

The government is also contemplating this tipe of coverage for the migrants after a little one month old girl died from an infection, all because they where walking from town to town and afraid of the authorities, so now migrants who fall hill will be assisted.

So visiting gringos and canucks you are all migrants!----- Right?

Jocking aside, from what I understand the free medicine is only applied at the IMSS hospitals not at private clinics or hospitals to all Mexican citizens and resident foreighners who are 65 years and older.

In any case I will have more information next week and report my findings.

navegator

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/21 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Señor silversand:

I finally found the answer, it was by Presidential order it has not been published since they are still debating this proposal in the congress so it has not been written into law.

This is regarding the IMSS hospitals treating old folks of 65 and older free of charge, it is not well advertised because the news media tv and news papers do not like AMLO since they are part and owned by the old establishment cronies that support the PRI and PAN.

If I come across more information regarding this I will post it.

navegator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Using Resources-the many members who live here full time
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.