RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 12:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

I was talking to an anti masker who told me some things about covid that did not seem to be true. I said i would Google it and he said no you will not find it with Google. So i asked what his source was and he said " word of mouth"
Bottom line is that you will never convince an anti masker anti vaxer of anything as they grab hold of any unfact checked info they can get their hands on that allows them to justify living irresponsibly during the pandemic. They will not listen to facts that will inconvenience their lifestyle.

Ignorance is bliss

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave in TN wrote:

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

Monaramblee wrote:

I was talking to an anti masker who told me some things about covid that did not seem to be true. I said i would Google it and he said no you will not find it with Google. So i asked what his source was and he said " word of mouth"
Bottom line is that you will never convince an anti masker anti vaxer of anything as they grab hold of any unfact checked info they can get their hands on that allows them to justify living irresponsibly during the pandemic. They will not listen to facts that will inconvenience their lifestyle.

Talk about a 2 way street lol.

Don’t bother. Anyone who gets their information through Google doesn’t want access to unfiltered info. They just want to be spoon fed propaganda that fits their beliefs. Probably uses Facebook too.

I get a lot of info with Google searches -- good info. The Mayo Clinic site for one. I also still access a good bit of Real Estate information the same way.

No, you can't believe everything you find on the internet, but you need to be savvy enough to weed out the trash and put your faith and trust in solid information sites (Mayo Clinic, for example). So, not everything on the internet is filtered info . . . . or "propaganda" (LOL) --- you've just got to be smart enough to know the difference, right?

pennysmom09

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/21 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The trouble with masks is they don’t work very well. They keep,out dust and many allergens, but virus bugs are small enough to go right through. So if you actually come in contact with a spreader, the simple cotton mask will not protect you.

Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This wasn't intended to be a discussion on the effectiveness of masks or other methods of preventing the spread of covid, but an informative post about how masking is being handled in Mexico.

snowyball

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your mask doesn't protect you, it protects others from any germs you may be spreading, their masks protect you from any germs they may be spreading. Yes, they are imperfect but they are one of the best tools we have right now if everyone wears them when in close proximity to others and wears them correctly. I keep having to ask people I'm interacting with (especially men for some reason) to cover their nose. Why don't people understand how important it is to cover your nose? When you are tested, where do they take the sample from? Why do you think they do that - because that's where the virus is most likely to be.

My apologies to TalleyHo for continuing this topic.

Talleyho69

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None necessary, you made great points and reiterated that mask wearing in Mexico, (and anywhere) doesn't hurt, and could help.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately masks, vaccinations, lock downs, and the various variants are politically charged and the news we hear is filtered and purposefully sculpted to fit a narrative.
I participate in another Mexico oriented forum (apolitical) where people post photos and discuss travel and life in Mexico. Mask usage in Mexico from what I can read and see is far from universal. I assume is it much like mask usage in Maine and most other states in the US.
90% of folks on this forum, regulars all, have predictable views on masks, vaccinations (which were promised to end mask requirements and the spread of the virus), and restrictions. That's unfortunate and it's not reflective of reality.
At some point a healthy caution became a neurosis. It's well past time to start questioning the news we hear.

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/21 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t like masking but I do. Better safe than sorry even for someone like me with two Pfizer shots and the booster.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

snowyball

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in the US and am not sure when I'll get back to Mexico. I am not an RVer. I joined this forum when I was contemplating buying a property in Mexico. That didn't work out and I decided it would be just as cost effective to rent when I was in Mexico. We did get about a month of "vaccinated people do not need to wear masks" here but then the Delta variant hit and since not enough people had gotten vaccinated at that point and everything had opened up, it changed the game back to square one pretty much. Our stats here in Oregon are bad but when you look at a county breakdown, the worst areas are in the rural part of the state with the Portland area having much lower incidence - presumably due to higher vaccination levels. Since I'm vaccinated I worry less about being out and about but still limit my activities - fortunately I was never one who enjoyed being in large crowds of people. I wear a mask anywhere I'm supposed to and sanitize my hands wherever sanitizer is made available. My sister has not stepped foot inside a store of any kind since the pandemic began.

Talleyho69

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/21 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are similar to you in the large groups of people and trying to make intelligent decisions.

Hopefully you will continue to visit this great country, and others, and rent and explore.

Your thoughts and observations are appreciated.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.