RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/21 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This forum is about camping in Mexico and South America. Reading through all your available posts it doesn't appear that you ever have posted a comment about Mexico let alone traveled in Mexico but you feel qualified to tell those of us who realize which forums we are in to "get educated"?

* This post was edited 10/17/21 10:19am by an administrator/moderator *

rocmoc

SouthWest USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/21 09:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Come on Man! You haven't heard of breakthu cases. That topic is carried on Blue & Red News Channels. But if you want to take the time, Clinical Studies in USA, UK, Israel and France can be found easily on the internet. Get off TV and read Clinical Studies. Incredible amount of INFORMATION if one can READ!

Mask!! I/We ALWAYS wear double n95 (we are one of the few that have n100s when needed) to protect us and a side benefit is it protects others. I have a Degree in Engineering with background in Pneumatic Systems which include Aerosols and smaller particles. And MANY University Lab Test since the start of Covid have been run by different Engineering Departments verifying that Mask Work, N95 and greater. That is a FACT!

So the Mexico tie! Does anyone have info about long term Covid care in Mexico? We want to head South but may wait until Spring for all your feed back.

rocmoc Th SouthWest

* This post was last edited 10/17/21 07:28pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/21 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

R. Elliot is in the minority not only here but in Mexico.
When cold and flu season arrives Mexicans mask up. Much like in Asian countries. Anti maskers is an American thing.

* This post was edited 10/17/21 07:15pm by an administrator/moderator *

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/21 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No relation to R. Elliot, funny, because if people get my name wrong they usually call me Bob. But in all my travels in Mexico I have not seen masks worn, and as I stated earlier current discussions and photos on other forums and active webcams of city streets in Mexico reveal few if any masks worn.
It's the same with a newspaper that serves this ares. Practically every photo in the newspaper features mask clad people - yet when I travel out and around it's pretty uncommon to see a person wearing a mask.
Many here are either Californians or Canadians - maybe masks are common in those places but for flyover Americans masks are more a theatrical statement than a proven safeguard. Even Dr. Fauci has admitted as much (although he is like a weather vane in a tornado)
Here's a question: If masks really are effective why are hospitals and other similar facilities firing staff that object to vaccination after they have been wearing masks all this time and could continue to wear masks at work? Are there any statistics of how many Covid cases originated from masked hospital staff?
I realize most folks here think someone like me is ill-informed, selfish, or in denial but I question how seriously any of you have investigated the entire Covid episode as you surrender liberties for all of us? If the government can lock down, isolate, inject citizens over a 99.7% survivable virus what are you empowering the government to do when a pandemic like the 1918 virus with its 60% survival rate to do to us?
It's a divisive issue with strong feelings on both sides. I don't think promoting an unrealistic demand ( one that I can't decisively confirm elsewhere )is going to promote travel in Mexico.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/21 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When cold and flu season arrives Mexicans mask up. Much like in Asian countries.

* This post was last edited 10/17/21 07:27pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/21 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In over 40 years of road traveling in Mexico, we have always been impressed by the use of masks. They are/were used in grocery stores in service areas, like the deli's where they slice your ham to the places where fish is filleted.

We have been bragging about the mask use in Mexico for this entire time.

Five years ago we spent 2 months in China, touring. We saw extensive mask use, even in Wuhan.

We have been preachers of mask use in the US, and have experienced the use of them when visiting doctors offices and clinics there.

When someone doesn't feel right, or is sick, mask use is culturally normal.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.