|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> In a quandary

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/21 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got vaccinated in Jan/Febuary thought I was safe and began to travel some. Last part of last month my taste went crazy and my abilities smell and taste got worse. I hit positive for COVID after being so sure I was safe.
We cannot quit living but we certainly need to be cautious in how we live our lives in this precarious time of health issues. Carelessness might cost someone their health or even their life.

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/21 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Isn't the entire point of you being vaccinated is so you could protect yourself so you could pursue normal life - like holidays?

You might be right, but my understanding a major reason to get the shots is attempt to remove the virus from the population before it mutates into something more deadly.

Campinghoss@51

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/21 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are both vaccinated and still wear mask in large crowds. This year for Thanksgiving at our house anyone who is not vaccinated will get a covid test IF they want to attend. When I say everyone that is what I mean. If they don't want to be tested so be it.

We may be travelling for Christmas so it looks like a non issue for us.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

03Ultra

Central Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/21 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would it be unreasonable to ask those who are unvaccinated to get tested a couple of days before a gathering? My wife and I are vaccinated as are my son and D-I-L, but the grandkids are too young and therefore we still mask up and sanitize like crazy. My new part time gig as a bail commissioner means I am out and about. My wife is a manager at the local bank and they are open for business, but the help wears masks and they wash/sanitize religiously. We will do holidays this year and will ask those who are unvaccinated to either get a test or skip this year. Elderly relatives will be here and the risk is too great.

2003 Harley Ultra Classic
2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse
2018 Toyota Tundra
2021 Toyota Highlander

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/21 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would it be unreasonable to ask those who are unvaccinated to get tested a couple of days before a gathering?

Not my call as the holidays are usually spent at BIL's house. And knowing the "offender" like I do he would tell us where to go and how to get there. There's no winning with him-ever-so the onus is on us to make the decision. In all honesty my BIL doesn't have the chutzpah to say anything.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

03Ultra wrote:

Would it be unreasonable to ask those who are unvaccinated to get tested a couple of days before a gathering?

This is the thought process I don't understand. If vaccinated people can also carry and transmit the virus, why do only the unvaccinated people have to get tested? A vaccinated person may very well be a carrier and asymptomatic. Everyone seems to think the vaccine is some kind of magic shield. It isn't. It will lessen your symptoms and reduce the possibility of fatal symptoms.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being vaccinated does more that that. It can also lessen the probability of you transmitting it to others.

"Evidence suggests the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program has substantially reduced the burden of disease in the United States by preventing serious illness in fully vaccinated people and interrupting chains of transmission."

Back to the topic please. BTW, we are close to closing this one as the OP has a lot of feedback upon which to make a difficult decision and it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep the topic on track.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/21 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On topic, my wife and I feel that it's up to us to protect ourselves as much as we can. We hope that our family members and friends understand. Some of them became infected and died. We didn't attend their funeral. Some of them offered services by Zoom, which worked for us. I'm 81 and we enjoy life.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> In a quandary
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.