|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Hello

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 01:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Season was cut short for Chinooks unfortunately.

Appears to be a silver , still fun to catch , especially on a fly rod .

Actually it was a Pink Salmon.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Its been awhile since I have fished off the coast of Washington ,and Oregon . It was silvers that we were catching .

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/21 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Its been awhile since I have fished off the coast of Washington ,and Oregon . It was silvers that we were catching .

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up and drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up an
d drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!

You are suppose to give them Fish CPR before letting them go!

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/21 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am no fisherman, never had much luck, or knowledge of the subject.

Some years back, I was pretty good at catch n release, but had nothing to do with fishing.

I know 2014 does fly fishing, likely in some beautiful areas. Be nice to see a couple pics!

Anyway, a little activity on TV section, maybe a bit of help to advertisers?

Jerry

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up and drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!

Catching trout ,or salmon with gear can be difficult to release , especially treble hooks ,or if they get hooked too far down in their mouth or throat. Any bleeding at all they are usually a goner . Over playing them is tough on them, if they end up on their side coming in ,they are overplayed . It's always good to bring them in as fast as possible especially if you release them . If you are releasing them, and worked them pretty hard after you unhook them, you should work them back, and forth in the water by the tail, or gently by the body until they can swim off on their own. More or less revive them .

It's rare with the fly fishing I do to hook them anywhere but in the lip or side of the mouth. I fish a lot where it's catch ,and release , and they need to be handled with care . The hooks are pretty small , very seldom anything bigger then size 12. If possible I don' handle them at all out of the water or even touch them , I can reach down ,and unhook them . If they are too big ,and squirrely I will net them .

With what little salmon fishing I do these days it's the land locked Kokanee we catch , and its with a friend out of his boat . We usually keep a limit for smoking or just cooking . They are hard to beat for eating . Very seldom do I keep a trout, we do occasionally in Montana out of a lake to smoke, but it's rare , more fun to release to catch another day . [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/21 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

I am no fisherman, never had much luck, or knowledge of the subject.

Some years back, I was pretty good at catch n release, but had nothing to do with fishing.

I know 2014 does fly fishing, likely in some beautiful areas. Be nice to see a couple pics!

Anyway, a little activity on TV section, maybe a bit of help to advertisers?

Jerry

I'll look thru the archives for some pictures , I don't take many. One trout looks the same as another [emoticon] I do have several of friends , I like to have those . When I first started fishing in Montana at this place we go every summer we met these guys, and their wife's that were retired , we were not . Now we are retired , and those guys no longer go up there. They are still ALL alive , except for a couple of the wife's [emoticon] , four in their 90's , and three more that are getting there . I keep in touch with most of them. One in particular I fished with a lot over the years , he quit coming this past summer , he is only 83 .

Yes there is worse places to be then Montana in the summer , and not much worse in the winter [emoticon] I was raised in northern Montana ,and it got a bit chilly there in the winter .

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahhhh, MT, Gods Country! The Alaska of the lower 48!
Some day…..I will live there….hopefully!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These fish are brought in quickly and many times the single barbless hook falls out. The fish are struggling and still very alive but for whatever reason some simply don't just swim off. I have heard this from many others.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/21 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

These fish are brought in quickly and many times the single barbless hook falls out. The fish are struggling and still very alive but for whatever reason some simply don't just swim off. I have heard this from many others.

I have no idea ,no experience like that with salmon why that would happen .They are a pretty hardy fish, they have to be to be able to make their spawning run .The few silver salmon I have caught in the ocean were kept ,but that was over 30 years ago. The salmon I have caught in Alaska have been on a river, and released with out problems .

I see trout that sometimes doesn't take much to get them on their side ,especially in the warm weather in the summer , but usually working them a little before letting them go, they will swim off pretty well. .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Hello
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.