RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2022 GMC Sierra Reveal

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2022 GMC Sierra Reveal

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
4x4ord

Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2010

View Profile



Posted: 10/22/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

505HP/1087 lbft of torque along with Super Cruise is enough to get me thinking my Super Duty days are coming to an end.


2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Tough to look past 500+ and 1000 + from the factory. Although all of the big 3 have some ridiculous pulling power now.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Ugh! Maybe they need to hire some designers away from Ram to fix that mess [emoticon]


Ram perhaps could trade some designers to GMC for a few engineers. Then Ram might be able to make bedsides and fenders that dont rust through along with transmissions that don't sheet the bed LOL.


My friend, Ram transmissions are a huge disappointment. In the past they had maybe a couple of them that could handle that Cummins. The rest are as you say sheet. As I have heard, that great Cummins wrapped in a turd. Mine has electrical problems to boot.


2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie


Brandon the Traveler

SC, NY, PA, WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/14/2021

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Ugh! Maybe they need to hire some designers away from Ram to fix that mess [emoticon]


Ram perhaps could trade some designers to GMC for a few engineers. Then Ram might be able to make bedsides and fenders that dont rust through along with transmissions that don't sheet the bed LOL.


My friend, Ram transmissions are a huge disappointment. In the past they had maybe a couple of them that could handle that Cummins. The rest are as you say sheet. As I have heard, that great Cummins wrapped in a turd. Mine has electrical problems to boot.


Every single person I know who owns a Ram purchased it for one reason and one reason only, yours truly included. They looked at all 3, then went with Ram because it was thousands cheaper. They instantly became Ram fan boys (I did not become afflicted with this disease) within 2 miles of leaving the dealer, and will swear on their grandmothers grave Ram is the best thing since sliced bread and bulletproof. All while they wonder what all those rattling noises are from inside the disintegrating dashboard, and listening to the soft sound of body panels rusting away from the inside out. Someday they will have the experience of a transmission puking if the body of the truck makes it long enough for it to happen.


I went.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

SweetLou wrote:

Brandon the Traveler wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Ugh! Maybe they need to hire some designers away from Ram to fix that mess [emoticon]


Ram perhaps could trade some designers to GMC for a few engineers. Then Ram might be able to make bedsides and fenders that dont rust through along with transmissions that don't sheet the bed LOL.


My friend, Ram transmissions are a huge disappointment. In the past they had maybe a couple of them that could handle that Cummins. The rest are as you say sheet. As I have heard, that great Cummins wrapped in a turd. Mine has electrical problems to boot.


Every single person I know who owns a Ram purchased it for one reason and one reason only, yours truly included. They looked at all 3, then went with Ram because it was thousands cheaper. They instantly became Ram fan boys (I did not become afflicted with this disease) within 2 miles of leaving the dealer, and will swear on their grandmothers grave Ram is the best thing since sliced bread and bulletproof. All while they wonder what all those rattling noises are from inside the disintegrating dashboard, and listening to the soft sound of body panels rusting away from the inside out. Someday they will have the experience of a transmission puking if the body of the truck makes it long enough for it to happen.


You're too funny. Partly correct, but, yeah, so which brand do you ride for?
I've owned or been assigned or driven or been responsible for the operation of, idk, probably 1000 different pickups over the last 25 years. All 3 flavors, although more Fords than the other 2.
I love hearing brand loyal (or just plain stupid, like yours) comments about how ______ is great and _______ is junk.
Usually from someone who's owned 3 pickup trucks and can't even tell you where to check the blinker fluid, to boot!

I will give you that Dodge/Ram somehow can't seem to lead the pack on automatic transmissions. (And now sadly did away with the handshakers completely a couple years ago) And given the choice, the only Ram diesel auto trans I actually like is the Aisin.
That said, I've run enough Dodge gassers and diesels to know that while the 47re, 48 re and 68rfe are clunky and awkward and behind the times, even compared to the the old OG Allison 1000 and the old original Torqshift 5R110's, much less the newer offerings from both GM and Ferd, they are generally reliable. (idk what the heck Lou is talking about "in the past they had a couple that could hold the Cummins", they've only had 4 different autos total in the last 30+ years and only 2 in the last 15 years, lol)

Contrary to what you and "everyone you know" did, there are plenty of people who actually bought the brand of vehicle they wanted to because it fit their needs. These are also probably the same people who don't find it necessary to incessantly complain about every fly in their soup!

TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in the west where there is little of this "rust" problem, but just visited Wichita, Ks. While there I only saw a couple rusty vehicles, both were GM products, about 5 years old and rusted through all the way around the rear fender area.

The guys whining about Ram problems seem to be referencing problems of the fairly distant past. I only drive a half ton, but know many with HD Rams (and Fords, and GMs), none of which are complaining.

All of the trucks these days are pretty awesome, though some are ugly as ....


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 07/18/2005

View Profile


Online
Posted: 11/09/21 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

I live in the west where there is little of this "rust" problem, but just visited Wichita, Ks. While there I only saw a couple rusty vehicles, both were GM products, about 5 years old and rusted through all the way around the rear fender area...
You clearly don't get out enough. Live in the rust belt for a few years and your point of view will change dramatically. Rams Clearly lead the pack in rust through; that's just the facts. And I own one right now and have had several (Dodge included) in the last 50 years. Brandon is correct, price is a primary driver for buying (or they that want that sweet cummins). Ram(Dodge) does a lot of things right, but body panels isn't one of them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2022 GMC Sierra Reveal
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.