RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Air operated stairs not working.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Air operated stairs not working.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

delete me

* This post was edited 10/25/21 02:40pm by MountainAir05 *

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://photoposting.is-great.net/

post a picture

Click Select and go to the place you put the picture and click it and it should load. I could not get the drag and drop to work.

Cindy and Steve

Azilda

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

That the new owner. Newmar prices use to be very good. could you post a picture of the switch and the part number. Also does it have wires to it or just a air /valve. Did you see anything wrong inside it or maybe just dry and dirty. If so WD40 and let soak and then blow dry. If it has 0-rings then lube them , new ones if you can find and try again.

Will see if I can find you one.

[image]
This is the backside of it. I removed it and opened it but could only go so far and couldn’t figure out how to dismantle it any further, and I didn’t want to break anything. I had the air pressure at full and the whole time I was tinkering with it air was hissing out of the part I couldn’t dismantle. I’ll try and find a part number. There are no electrical connections anywhere with regards to the step cover. 100% air.

2000 Newmar London Aire. 40’, Spartan chassis, 350 Cummins, Allison 6 sp, air ride, air brakes.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cindy and Steve wrote:

MountainAir05 wrote:

That the new owner. Newmar prices use to be very good. could you post a picture of the switch and the part number. Also does it have wires to it or just a air /valve. Did you see anything wrong inside it or maybe just dry and dirty. If so WD40 and let soak and then blow dry. If it has 0-rings then lube them , new ones if you can find and try again.

Will see if I can find you one.

[image]
This is the backside of it. I removed it and opened it but could only go so far and couldn’t figure out how to dismantle it any further, and I didn’t want to break anything. I had the air pressure at full and the whole time I was tinkering with it air was hissing out of the part I couldn’t dismantle. I’ll try and find a part number. There are no electrical connections anywhere with regards to the step cover. 100% air.

Something has to control that unit. Be it a rocker switch or a something else. If rocker it has wires and goes to another valve that has a solenoid. With the picture someone who drops by might know the info. Looks like the info sticker is on the left side there.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does your step cover make the step inside the Rv or does it just slide out straight and cover the hole.

This is where you get 12 volt actuators when needed.

https://www.firgelliauto.com/

this is the link for the info about maybe your step cover.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/step-cover-lift-motor-114580.html

* This post was edited 10/25/21 03:36pm by MountainAir05 *

Cindy and Steve

Azilda

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

Does your step cover make the step inside the Rv or does it just slide out straight and cover the hole.

The cover is also the steps. They don’t slide back and forth as some do, they raise up and down. Sometimes I can force it up by hand and peek under it. There are absolutely no electrical wires at all. Just an air operated cylinder. The piece I’ve shown in the picture is the backside. The front is just a little up/down dial that seems to direct air to the cylinder when turned to the up position.

Cindy and Steve

Azilda

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/21 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cindy and Steve wrote:

MountainAir05 wrote:

The cover is also the steps. They don’t slide back and forth as some do, they raise up and down. Sometimes I can force it up by hand and peek under it. There are absolutely no electrical wires at all. Just an air operated cylinder. The piece I’ve shown in the picture is the backside. The front is just a little up/down dial that seems to direct air to the cylinder when turned to the up position.

Thanks, when you get a part number will go from there. that is just a 4 port that I can see right.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 04:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I copied the photo, pasted it into irfinview, and enlarged it as much as I could. There is for sure a label on the left side with information that should help us.

It looks like the red and black grommets around the hoses are grippers. If you drain the air out of the system, hold onto the hose just above one of those colored rings, and push the ring straight down, it's possible the hose will pull out of the fitting. To reinstall the hose, just push it down into the fitting.

To remove the box, you will have to remove the "UP" "DOWN" switch knob. It is probably held on with a allen screw on the bottom of the knob. After you take off the knob, there is probably a hex nut holding the box in place. Just educated guesses, but worth a try.

Once you get the box out, post a picture of the label on the left.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 04:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Here is a photo of a pneumatic switch you can purchase for about $10. However, it is not suitable for your application. I am only showing this to demonstrate that there are possibilities, but we need more informtion.

Keep at it. We are getting closer.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Air operated stairs not working.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.