|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam ERS Hung Us Out to Dry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/21 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello nhake01,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance.
We are pleased you are satisfied.

Have a good day and thank you for your membership.
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I gotta get my two cents worth here. Last year I was traveling from Ohio to AZ in my DP. I was on I55 east of St Louis, in Illinois. Unfortunately, my fuel pump decided to retire and I had to coast to the side of the road. I called GS and within the hour the sent a very large tow truck that was able to tow us to a suitable repair shop about 12 miles away. The bill for the tow would have been $1200 for me, but GS covered it. The tow truck took us right to a bay door at "Truck Center" in Troy Ill. No complaints

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Campforever

Advance, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you folks encouraging AAA be advised they abandoned me in GA. It was a Saturday pm and they said they might get to me by Monday evening. Tow vehicle was completely immobile. On the side of the road, I-95 south.

Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides

Campforever

Advance, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you folks encouraging AAA be advised they abandoned me in GA. It was a Saturday pm and they said they might get to me by Monday evening. Tow vehicle was completely immobile. On the side of the road, I-95 south.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/21 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not advising one over the other. For me, I find having both AAA and Good Sam/Coachnet is worth the few extra bucks. If one fails, call the other.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well, guess I better put in my quarters worth too. I am not by an means endorsing any company, they all have issues. We have had GS Roadside since around 2010. I have used them on a few occasions, a couple here locally for lockout, about 20 minute wait, once in california for a break wired that was broken, about 1 hour wait, and the two other major issues were a break down and an accident. Both big times they were unable to get us help, I initiated the calls, first and second. the second call was made back to them after I didn't hear back, I told the operator that I would see what I could find locally to take care of my issue. Got there name, took notes etc. once I got r done, I called them back and told them I was sending them the bill. each time I was reimbursed for what was spent. Except the last one, they only paid a fourth plus rental, meals and fuel. that one was over $6000.00 and I got back $1550. I guess my point is that you need to document your issue, names, times, numbers etc. and at least get back your money. for the $80 a year that I pay, I have recouped all of that and more. I do agree that the operators need to be better equipped to handle calls, get help etc. So Marcus, if you're listening, probably not, you need to fix this, and you can, just do it.

Oakman

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here, I’m beginning to think GS just doesn’t like me. While we were out shopping Tuesday GS called our home phone and left a message and phone number I could call back concerning our lack of road service. For the past two days I’ve called that phone number and all it does is ring and ring with no answering machine. As I said in another post, I don’t want reimbursement, I want to know why I didn’t get a text or call back on the day we were broke down.

If they can’t take care of a member on a weekday afternoon in a major metropolitan area, I sure wouldn’t want to count on them for help in a rural area.

You can bet I won’t be renewing any of our services or membership in GS. You can bet I won’t be recommending GS to any of our RV club members either. On a positive note this will make for a good story around a campfire.

2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam ERS Hung Us Out to Dry
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.