RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Add Awning To Slide?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Add Awning To Slide?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JBarca

Radnor, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arn wrote:

Not enquiring about a slide topper, not enquiring about an awning going over the slide. Talking about attaching an awning to the slide.

This may be worth a try. Call Jayco directly and ask for customer service. Have the camper VIN number handy to give to them so they know exactly which camper you have.

Ask if they can provide a stud wall plan for the area you want to mount the awning to. Then you can see if there is extra support in the wall structure and where it is located.

I have seen this exact question asked to Jayco from a friend who bought a new Jayco and wanted to add a slide topper. He needed to know where and if there was structure to mount the roller arms to the slide wall.

And I called Jayco myself when helping a friend with his large Eagle Fifth wheel to look up the screw length in the gutter rail screws. In this case the technician looked up the wall plan and told me over the phone the size of the aluminum tubing that was used.

This was all pre Covid, not sure if on site staff is still available to look up things like this with so much remote cutometer service working from home now a days. But, it is worth a shot. They have given good customer service like this in the past. A sign of at least one RV company left who will help their customer with these kinds of questions after the sale.

Hope this helps,

John

John & Cindy

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10
CC, SB, Lariat & FX4 package
21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR
Ford Tow Command
1,700# Reese HP hitch & HP Dual Cam
2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver

2004 Sunline Solaris T310SR
(I wish we were camping!)

Arn

Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JBarca wrote:

Arn wrote:

Not enquiring about a slide topper, not enquiring about an awning going over the slide. Talking about attaching an awning to the slide.

This may be worth a try. Call Jayco directly and ask for customer service. Have the camper VIN number handy to give to them so they know exactly which camper you have.

Ask if they can provide a stud wall plan for the area you want to mount the awning to. Then you can see if there is extra support in the wall structure and where it is located.

I have seen this exact question asked to Jayco from a friend who bought a new Jayco and wanted to add a slide topper. He needed to know where and if there was structure to mount the roller arms to the slide wall.

And I called Jayco myself when helping a friend with his large Eagle Fifth wheel to look up the screw length in the gutter rail screws. In this case the technician looked up the wall plan and told me over the phone the size of the aluminum tubing that was used.

This was all pre Covid, not sure if on site staff is still available to look up things like this with so much remote cutometer service working from home now a days. But, it is worth a shot. They have given good customer service like this in the past. A sign of at least one RV company left who will help their customer with these kinds of questions after the sale.

Hope this helps,

John

Good info. Thanks!

Arn

1958 Me
1963 Her
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS
2020 Silverado LTZ Crew, 5.3 Max Trailering Pkg.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/21 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something else to consider is that with the slice extended and an awning on it also extended a site may be to narrow to accommodate the extra width. Trees may come into play as well. I do like the idea though.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Add Awning To Slide?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.