RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: What is the correct resting lifepo4 voltage?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> What is the correct resting lifepo4 voltage?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the chart posted above and this one for comparison..

[image]

Thanks

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/21 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

I bought a Enjoybot 100ah lifepo4 battery when they were $349..The resting voltage after 24hrs was 13.30 without a load..Back and forth with the seller was interesting,so I decided to do a capacity test on it from a full 14.47V and I quit at 11.89V under a load and 12.0 resting for a few minutes foran even 100 amp hours...

I am assuming that a 13.30 resting 24hr voltage without a load is okay as it appears to have the advertised 100 amp hours plus a couple...All opinions welcome...
jaycocreek wrote:

Some of this stuff is hard to understand and can consume one to try and understand it but I think different cells and make up give different results and in the end what I want is the amp hours I payed for and a fully functional battery..Battleborn uses cylindrical cells just like the new lifepo4 solar generators like Bluetti while others use prismatic which seems to be the most used in lifepo4 rv batteries...

While this battery resting is on the low side,it produces the full 100ah plus some,so I'm pleased with the purchase....One article says 3.30 resting is 90% another says it's still 100% and normal...Laffin....So if 3.30 resting gives me over 100ah,it must be full..right...[emoticon]
Available, usable ah is the most important consideration IMO. It appears your battery produced its rated 100ah, so all appears well. Sure, it would be nice if the voltages aligned perfectly with whatever lifepo4 SOC chart you choose to follow, but it's certainly not necessary from an operational perspective.

Based on your pic, get the impression you did you your ah capacity test with a 3.16a load? If so, that's a very low load current. It would be interesting to see how your battery performs under much higher loads, say .50c - .75c (50-75a with your 100ah lifepo4). These type of loads tend to quickly bring out any BMS and/or mis-matched cell issues which may not be apparent with much smaller loads.

Enjoy your new lifepo4!

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/21 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only switched to the lower amp when I had to leave it unattended and I didn't feel comfy leaving the heat lamp on while I wasn't there, towards the end...This was the amps used for the majority of the test..

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> What is the correct resting lifepo4 voltage?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.