|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/21 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

mumkin wrote:

bobndot wrote:

I was told by a rep that certain car dealerships will be used to sell these rvs in the USA .
Orders will be taken in January with delivery expected sometime around May or June.

Not a good idea, IMO. It has been tried now and again in the past without much success and ended as quickly as it appeared. RV salesman are often useless in explaining and selling RVs, can't imagine how badly car salesman will do. It actually appears that they are making many of the same mistakes that Hymer did trying to break into the US market. (before they bought Roadtrek to get its dealership chain)

If you encounter this rep again, try to find out how this is being done as far as platform. Full build overseas on the Ducato or put on a Ram Promaster over here.

The apparent lack of an AC will likely kill it in the US market.

Ditto All you said plus the $145k price on the baby model. [emoticon]
Its a limited rv for sure.
Bob, where did you see the price tag? I could not find it.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/21 03:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google 'Wingamm Oasi 540 price'

the following came up:
European RV and camper van maker Wingamm is bringing one of its popular compact models to the US. The Oasi 540 camper van's price will range between $135,000 to $145,000 upon its official US debut in 2022.Jul 18, 2021

An Italian luxury RV maker is launching a camper van to the US

https://www.businessinsider.com/popular-........an-camper-van-rv-coming-to-the-us-2021-7

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/21 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That article may have answered my question in that it said that the first year or two will be built in Italy. So it will be on the European platform. Once they switch to Promaster, they will need to re-work it to the US sizes since we don't have a 17'9" with 118 wb.

I also noted that it has a 3 system fridge. Ugh!! That added to a cassette toilet and no AC is going to limit its sales I expect. They brag about their long waiting list, but those are all people who haven't actually seen it yet. lol

I still wonder what adjustments they have to make to the van to get it approved in the US.

Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/21 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It does have AC. Roof mounted. But it blows directly on you when sleeping in the overhead. You might be able to close that one side letting it blow towards the rear.

I would rather see a 12v fridge too. There is only one lithium under the pass seat, i would prefer two. The small roof area would be tight for solar of decent size.

Its limited, only time will tell. Might be short lived.

Interesting info on the American version.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/21 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if it is built like a C or like a B where the work has to be done inside the van body. $145k is a lot for that size MH. I don't know why someone has not made a one piece or two piece shell and just add the shell after the interior is finished. They should be able to get the price down to $100k like a small C.

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

I wonder if it is built like a C or like a B where the work has to be done inside the van body. $145k is a lot for that size MH. I don't know why someone has not made a one piece or two piece shell and just add the shell after the interior is finished. They should be able to get the price down to $100k like a small C.

It's definitely a Class C with the formed body. I believe that it is a one piece shell. I read that in one of the articles though accuracy may not be high in these intro articles.

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely a Class C.

I'm confused what Dodge/RAM truck has a front wheel drive train? Not the pickup trucks. Is it juar a relabeling of the Fiat drive train like MB Sprinters being relabeled as Dodges for awhile?

Anyway, looks interesting but nothing about tank capacities, batteries, AC, etc.

It has the European penchant despite its short size to have those godawful upright side by side, shoulder to shoulder seats for passenger traveling for four when it doesn't adequately sleep four. Those passenger seats eat up a lot of valuable space in a short RV and they seem to be in most all European designs.

I don't see enough storage space for four people to travel any appreciable length of time. Maybe a weekender. Americans expect to travel long distances from Minnesota to Florida or New York to California routinely. Do Europeans travel from Poland to Spain routinely or do they mostly stay in country most of thee time? I know they are more adventurous than Americans evidenced by how many come over to North America with their vans. Do they accept more spartan accommodations?

It is a very clever design for under 18 feet. Too bad that skylight is not available other than for the bed occupants.

Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davydd wrote:

I'm confused what Dodge/RAM truck has a front wheel drive train? Not the pickup trucks. Is it juar a relabeling of the Fiat drive train like MB Sprinters being relabeled as Dodges for awhile?

The Promaster which is pretty much the most popular RV platform in the US right now... has front wheel drive. In Europe it is the Fiat Ducato. When MB bailed out of Dodge/Chrysler and sold it to Fiat, the Ram van division adopted the Ducato. Took the front wheel drive and inserted the Ram truck engine and drive train.

I've had two of them and love the way they drive.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 04:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A buddy of mine is having one of these built on the Ram chassis. https://wanderfulwheels.com/.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.