|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not even want to talk about the corporatre sector and what's wrong with our economy or the government sector which is more or less like it.

Lots of truth in this thread is all I'll say.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was planning to buy alcohol with the extra $100/month,but now they have a shortage. So no friends coming over so may just talk to the car warranty people.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you referring to retired or still working? From what I hear workers in many industries are demanding increases.

Demanding but not necessarily getting.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Are you referring to retired or still working? From what I hear workers in many industries are demanding increases.

Some are. And a lot of business are still crying "labor shortage" to the press. And in the past, when strikes get concessions from bosses and dastards, other unions are more likely to strike, and other companies/industries are likely to organize.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SS Cola adjustments aren't about keeping retired folks above inflation rates but more about a few more dollars so we don't get to far behind.

Sure be nice to get a 2-3% raise/bonus each year.
2% of my SS check is in the 400-500 dollar range.
2% of a employees wages at the corporate level could be 4000 bucks -6000+ bucks depending.

The wife and I look forward for all COLA's regardless of how small they are.
With propane expected to go above 5+ bucks a gallon were saving all we can from our SS.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Crowe wrote:

Some are. And a lot of business are still crying "labor shortage" to the press. And in the past, when strikes get concessions from bosses and dastards, other unions are more likely to strike, and other companies/industries are likely to organize.

Still working. I have been in the financial industry for almost 30 years. When I first started in this industry it was not uncommon to see 7-8% increases annually. Now lucky to see 2-3%. you can "demand" all you want. Good luck with that. And there are no banking unions or a labor shortage in this industry. I have a great job and get paid well, but I certainly wouldn't complain about a 5-6% increase. That's far better than most in the working world today.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Still working. I have been in the financial industry for almost 30 years. When I first started in this industry it was not uncommon to see 7-8% increases annually. Now lucky to see 2-3%. you can "demand" all you want. Good luck with that. And there are no banking unions or a labor shortage in this industry. I have a great job and get paid well, but I certainly wouldn't complain about a 5-6% increase. That's far better than most in the working world today.

I don't have numbers to hand, what percentage of the working population works in the financial industry?
And another question; Does most of the income of the financial industry go to people that work for their money? Or to the people who's money works for them?

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

way2roll wrote:

I don't have numbers to hand, what percentage of the working population works in the financial industry?
And another question; Does most of the income of the financial industry go to people that work for their money? Or to the people who's money works for them?

I work at a fairly large bank that employs over 150k people in the US. And there are lots of large banks. Think of everything from credit cards to mortgages to checking accounts. Lots of people from customer service to analysts to Sr management. LOTS of people in lots of sites in lots of banks. But I don't know the percentage to the workforce. in 2018 there were 6.3MM people working in the financial services industry in the US. About 1MM employees in the top 10 US banks alone. I'll assume the second question is rhetorical. Every business is in it for profit.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

I work at a fairly large bank that employs over 150k people in the US. And there are lots of large banks. Think of everything from credit cards to mortgages to checking accounts. Lots of people from customer service to analysts to Sr management. LOTS of people in lots of sites in lots of banks. But I don't know the percentage to the workforce. in 2018 there were 6.3MM people working in the financial services industry in the US. About 1MM employees in the top 10 US banks alone. I'll assume the second question is rhetorical. Every business is in it for profit.

6.3 million is a lot of people. OTOH, there are over 300 million people living in US. Now just trumping up some numbers, lets say a third of that 300 million is working. Think that would work out to 6.3% Now somebody want to do fast food industry? Retail? These are likely a higher percentage of the workforce, and are areas where the owners are facing labor shortages.
Most jobs in the country depend on a large middle class with income to by goods and services they produce. (Including financial industry)

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Shoot, I'll believe it when I hold it in my hot little hand.
X-2

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.