|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/21 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

waytoroll -- North Carolina is the backbone of the financial industry in the southeast. I have close family who has been in that industry in SC, TX, and NC for as long as you have, and you guys and gals work extremely hard (more than an eight to ten hour day) for your money. You definitely deserve every penny you make.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/21 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

waytoroll -- North Carolina is the backbone of the financial industry in the southeast. I have close family who has been in that industry in SC, TX, and NC for as long as you have, and you guys and gals work extremely hard (more than an eight to ten hour day) for your money. You definitely deserve every penny you make.

Thanks for the empathy. Yes, 50-60 Hr weeks are the norm, salary so no OT, I usually eat lunch at my desk - in a meeting, 10-14 meetings a day and high stress for sure. I have been lucky to get in pockets in the organization that are better than others and build a solid career that's not in the cog operational areas. But I started out as a collector and worked my way up so I know what the bottom of the barrel looks like. Was promoted into a Senior Vice President role just this year. Different stress but the view is better - and the pay as well.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If new hires come in at higher pay (necessary to entice them to hire on) than current employees in the same roll; why wouldn’t the current employees ask/demand pay increases or leave? This is especially true when current employees are hearing about record setting profits every quarter but only get ~2% increases and have been covering the additional work load of open positions.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

If new hires come in at higher pay (necessary to entice them to hire on) than current employees in the same roll; why wouldn’t the current employees ask/demand pay increases or leave? This is especially true when current employees are hearing about record setting profits every quarter but only get ~2% increases and have been covering the additional work load of open positions.

Good question. None I will get an answer to, it happens all the time. I have switched companies 3 times in my career for that very reason. It makes no sense. Even if pay were the same, it's very expensive to onboard a new employee and very expensive to let someone with institutional knowledge walk out the door. Their own policies get in their way. I will say that salaries are confidential, so you wouldn't know what your peer or new hire is making. I can say I have managed teams before where several people were making more than me. Due to policies that limit the amount of increases that can be offered, it takes years to catch up. I would suspect this is one of the reasons for the mass exodus. Just yesterday we had a meeting where new salary bands and adjustments are being made. I think folks are finally being heard or they are starting to succumb to the pressure.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/21 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had several long time employees give notice only after which the company put on a full court press to keep them (including promotion and pay raise). That sent a very bad message to other long time employees.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/21 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

I will say that salaries are confidential, so you wouldn't know what your peer or new hire is making.

IMHO, the only reason a employer would demand or expect pay to be confidential is he hopes somebody does not know he is not getting paid what he is worth.
I always paid drivers a percentage of what the truck grossed. When I had trucks working on different jobs, I had a board where without names I would post the highest, lowest and average every week. Mostly it was so drivers could compare what they earned, see I was trying to be fair about how the work was split.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.