|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Tires - To Sipe or Not to Sipe Toyo M154s

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/21 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i am on my 3rd set of toyo's.
i have driven the motor home all over the western us and northern canada in all kinds of weather with out a problem.i would save the money on siping them.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/21 01:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KendallP wrote:

Responses in blue below...

valhalla360 wrote:

You were the one indicating it was MH owners. Quote: The Toyos are considered to be (by motorhome owners)... one of the best replacements. Yes. And?

Lots of comments are just as likely a result of them being a commonly available model. If 1% of people complain, you will have far more complaints from a tire that sells 100,000/yr vs one that sells 20,000/yr. You yourself, indicated the Michelin was a popular tire for this application. When? They came with the rigs. And I said there were only 3 reviews on Tire Rack... with the first review in 2011... meaning they've likely been for sale on that site for at least 10 years. That doesn't ring as very popular to me.

If Toyo says they are "suitable" as drive tires, they are suitable. "Suitable?" Yes. "Recommended?" No.

If you think you know better than the manufacturer, go for it. As stated many times... I don't. And I'm not planning on siping the tires.

So 3 comments and they are horrible tires? That's hardly a decent sampe size.

There is a difference between saying they are "suitable" and saying they are "not recommended"...you are adding something that isn't there.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/21 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

So 3 comments and they are horrible tires? That's hardly a decent sampe size.

There is a difference between saying they are "suitable" and saying they are "not recommended"...you are adding something that isn't there.

1. Nope. The "comments" are all over the RV forums. The reviews on Tire Rack were simply to point out the likelihood of very low aftermarket sales. Why do you suppose that is?

2. No I am not. I've provided the links. The Toyo website says they are "Recommended" for steers and "Suitable" for drives. I'm sure anyone else reading this thread will understand Toyo isn't just stating that for no reason. And once again... on their website... if you search "Drives"... the M154s will not show up.

Here's the page again

And sort of interesting... the Toyo.ca page is slightly different. This is the one I linked in the OP (at the time... I hadn't noticed it was the .ca version.) "Recommended" for steers and "Suitable" for trailer for long haul and drives for urban and regional. On this page you have to click the blue application button to see this.

Cheers,
Kendall

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donkeydew wrote:

i have driven the motor home all over the western us and northern canada in all kinds of weather with out a problem.i would save the money on siping them.

Most helpful post yet. Very reassuring.

Thanks!

You say "...in all kinds of weather..." Does that include snowing and sticking? Or just snowing? Have you driven that 40 foot DP on snow-covered roads and on ice with those Toyos?

* This post was edited 11/03/21 01:28pm by KendallP *

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/21 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KendallP wrote:

donkeydew wrote:

Most helpful post yet. Very reassuring.

Thanks!

You say "...in all kinds of weather..." Does that include snowing and sticking? Or just snowing? Have you driven that 40 foot DP on snow-covered roads and on ice with those Toyos?

sure have the one that sticks out was getting caught on the ice field parkway in blizzard conditions all the way to lake Louise not fun but no problem with the tires they held the road much better than i would have thought they would

KendallP

Probably the office

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/21 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donkeydew wrote:

sure have the one that sticks out was getting caught on the ice field parkway in blizzard conditions all the way to lake Louise not fun but no problem with the tires they held the road much better than i would have thought they would

Well that's really comforting.

Thanks!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Tires - To Sipe or Not to Sipe Toyo M154s
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.