RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Mexico and South America: Immigration crack down

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

 > Immigration crack down

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/02/21 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talleyho69 wrote:

I think that is true in any country.


X2


2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Moderator

Joined: 09/29/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/02/21 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did a major construction project at our house last year. Three massive terraces, a lap pool, serious stuff that took 8 months.

Our main guy was retired from the city where he drove an ambulance for 35 years.

We had to get two "permits." One because they had to have a backhoe come in and stay in the back for several days, that cost 2,000 pesos as long as all construction materials stayed in the garage or behind the house. The second cost 3,000 pesos because we had to have the Putzmeister (cement pumper) come in and pour the pool. The mayor owns Putzie and the three cement trucks that supplied the material for the pool.

We were happy it was so easy, but would have been kind of willing to spend several months getting permits, maybe. ESPECIALLY if we had know up front that permits were going to be less than "legal."

* This post was edited 11/02/21 08:14pm by Talleyho69 *

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

Senior Member

Joined: 04/16/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/03/21 12:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, Playaboy, from what I hear on this forum, you do things like the following: first picture this -- four girls about age 20-21 who have just finished their mid-term exams at the University of NC at Chapel Hill and are chomping at the bit to have some fun in Cancun. But grandma has been elected to chaperon them by their parents. This is their winter break from college in January. I want them to have a good time, but not T-O-O good a time, while keeping most of their clothes on. Do you know someone who could arrange, lead, and provide that type of entertainment and transportation. Everyone pray for me while I'm on this trip with such high energy young ladies!!

playaboy

riviera maya

Senior Member

Joined: 09/30/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/03/21 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

OK, Playaboy, from what I hear on this forum, you do things like the following: first picture this -- four girls about age 20-21 who have just finished their mid-term exams at the University of NC at Chapel Hill and are chomping at the bit to have some fun in Cancun. But grandma has been elected to chaperon them by their parents. This is their winter break from college in January. I want them to have a good time, but not T-O-O good a time, while keeping most of their clothes on. Do you know someone who could arrange, lead, and provide that type of entertainment and transportation. Everyone pray for me while I'm on this trip with such high energy young ladies!!


First off relax. 99.9% of the people partying in Cancun have a great time. Just prepare for the .01 and you will be OK.

This has nothing to do with immigration. Send me a PM to continue

navegator

San Diego CA.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/17/2011

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 11/03/21 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is not a question of having a good time that can be had anywere, it is a question of the drug pushers in Acapulco, Cancun, the Rivera Maya, Huatulco , Los Cabos, Mazatlan, ETC,ETC.

These joung ladies need to understand that mixed open drinks are easy target for the ruffy croud (date **** drugs) and the best thing to do is order beers un-opened, give each lady a small bottle opener and have them refuse any beer bottle that comes to the table opened and any bottle left open at the tabe unatended should be considered compromised and do not drink it and above all do not drink anything that is offered in an open glass or bottle by a stranger.

Am I to extreeme, yes I worked with and for a police department and I have seen the devastation that drugs do to the individual that uses, the immediate family, the community in general.

I consider schedgule 1 and 2 drugs weapons of mass destruction.

My friends at the FBI, DEA and Police Officers all agree with me.

Be carefull and above everything be safe, a good time can be had.

navegator

playaboy

riviera maya

Senior Member

Joined: 09/30/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/03/21 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navegator wrote:

It is not a question of having a good time that can be had anywere, it is a question of the drug pushers in Acapulco, Cancun, the Rivera Maya, Huatulco , Los Cabos, Mazatlan, ETC,ETC.

These joung ladies need to understand that mixed open drinks are easy target for the ruffy croud (date **** drugs) and the best thing to do is order beers un-opened, give each lady a small bottle opener and have them refuse any beer bottle that comes to the table opened and any bottle left open at the tabe unatended should be considered compromised and do not drink it and above all do not drink anything that is offered in an open glass or bottle by a stranger.

Am I to extreeme, yes I worked with and for a police department and I have seen the devastation that drugs do to the individual that uses, the immediate family, the community in general.

I consider schedgule 1 and 2 drugs weapons of mass destruction.

My friends at the FBI, DEA and Police Officers all agree with me.

Be carefull and above everything be safe, a good time can be had.

navegator


Navegator, I agree 110%. Roofies are still prevalent in the area. The young ladies just have to be smart and cautious with their drinks.

Other than that they should have a blast

Big C

Kelowna, B.C. Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 10/22/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/06/21 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a major crackdown happening in Mexico, it is going to get worse in the next few years. From what I now understand is that there is no longer a guarantee of getting a 180 day FFM. I saw this on someones blog and it refers to this link on FB for information. https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx/posts/1754121428109912


the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2 little c's (weiner dogs)
2001,39' RoseAir (Rexhall) DP with 2 slides
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

2112

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Posted: 12/15/21 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

They have Tim Hortons in Mexico? Texas needs a Timmie's
I never thought it would happen, Tim Horton is coming to Texas this summer. I'm starting my diet now to make room


2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857


qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/15/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

2112 wrote:

They have Tim Hortons in Mexico? Texas needs a Timmie's
I never thought it would happen, Tim Horton is coming to Texas this summer. I'm starting my diet now to make room


There are almost 50 Tim Horton's in the Monterrey metro area.

[image]

moisheh

North America

Senior Member

Joined: 05/04/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/15/21 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big C. Although Sonia has a lot of knowledge about Mexico I lost all faith in her when she was processing vehicle imports not according to the rules. She certainly is proud of herself. It is on her best interest to scare people into getting a permanent or temporary visa.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

 > Immigration crack down
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.