|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C basement washer and dryer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/21 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I happen to have a small dryer that I bought thinking I might take it along on a longer trip someday. It will fit in the basement area under the bed. It’s about 16” x 20” x 30” I’d have to put it on a riser to have the front opening clear the bottom of the door but it would still fit.
I had planned to hand wash clothes and then use the dryer. But I’ve been wondering if I should consider a small washer too. I think it would have to be a front load machine.
The RV is too small to fit one of those portable washers inside. It could ride in the shower I guess if it wasn’t too heavy but the shower door is small and it would be awkward I think. I’ve thought of putting a small one in the closet but the door is only 15.5 inches wide. If there is room in the huge basement I probably would need a blue boy to drain the water into. I saw a used front load machine about 22 x 24 x 33.
Has anyone tried this in a small RV?

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/21 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would go with a washer over a dryer.
- Dryers take a ton of power and it's usually viable to hang things up to dry (inside if you are somewhere hanging outside is unacceptable)
- Hand washing is time consuming and a lot of effort...and we've never had great luck with it actually getting things really clean.

In the RV, we usually use a laundromat as we can do multiple loads at the same time. Overseas, we often rent apartments that have just a washer but no dryer.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/21 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wonder Wash

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I realized the used small machine would not fit anywhere. I would have to cut out the bed platform to get it in the basement. But I have been researching on Camping World and Amazon. These twin tub washer/spin dryers would fit in the closet sideways. Most are gravity drain but this one has a pump. Can only spin half a load at a time but the fast spin removes much of the water.
Think Gizmos
Washer capacity for all of these is about 8 lbs. comments say they handle queen sheet sets or a couple of pairs of jeans.
I may ask for one for Christmas.

* The twin tubs are too wide for the closet. It is only 20” deep and the narrowest is about 22” wide.

* This post was edited 11/02/21 10:11am by EMD360 *

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/21 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I’m going to wash by hand I think I’d just use a plastic tub and one of those cheap agitators. I think I’ll do most of this laundry with hookups but no laundry facility. Would have to drive to a laundromat.

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/21 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I personally don't think it's a great use of the limited space in an RV to carry laundry machinery around. I know others here wouldn't consider an RV without a washer and dryer, and that's fine too; different strokes for different folks and all that.

If you're traveling around, it's not that big of a deal to stop at a laundromat while en route between destinations. It's often even possible to time it up with lunch or something else where you'd be stopping anyhow. If you're going to be staying in one campground for weeks at a time and said campground does not have laundry facilities--and especially if you don't have a toad or similar local transportation readily available--then getting to a laundromat is a bit more troublesome. However, in my fairly limited experience, a substantial portion of campgrounds which feature full hookup sites also have coin laundry facilities available on-site.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/21 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While traveling , if you need to wash a small amount of clothes, place them in a HD contractor bag with soap, place inside the shower. Let it agitate while you bounce down the road.
We have a sport-brella that has a reflective foil type liner , we set it up next to the campfire. The large umbrella spokes allow us to hang clothes to dry.

It fits two chairs to keep wind and cold off your back while sitting at the campfire. Raises the temp too. Its cozy on cool nights.

https://www.omegasports.com/sklz/sklz-sp........xdTPwPZp0VxpT7sC6dPi7VpOeBxoCoXcQAvD_BwE

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/21 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah that’s my situation. No toad a few weeks in a small park and no laundry at the park. It’s by public transportation and could take laundry I guess. It’s AZ so we might not even need a dryer. I spent hours in researching portable machines. Could put a full portable washer like the Magic Chef with normal rinse and spin in the basement. I see one for sale used. Can put a 15”x15”x 28” in the closet. Would have to protect from water damage. There are only one or two machines that size. Of course there are smaller ones too but my husband wears jeans so I need something big enough to wash them. New this would also be about $100. But they have a small spinner basket that has to be used after the wash and it has to be manually filled with no auto shut off and then refilled for a rinse then removed wet and spun dry a small amount at a time. Seems like a lot of time consuming work.

* Now we are thinking of renting a small economy car!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

Yeah that’s my situation. No toad a few weeks in a small park and no laundry at the park. It’s by public transportation and could take laundry I guess. It’s AZ so we might not even need a dryer. I spent hours in researching portable machines. Could put a full portable washer like the Magic Chef with normal rinse and spin in the basement. I see one for sale used. Can put a 15”x15”x 28” in the closet. Would have to protect from water damage. There are only one or two machines that size. Of course there are smaller ones too but my husband wears jeans so I need something big enough to wash them. New this would also be about $100. But they have a small spinner basket that has to be used after the wash and it has to be manually filled with no auto shut off and then refilled for a rinse then removed wet and spun dry a small amount at a time. Seems like a lot of time consuming work.

Way more time consuming than driving a very maneuverable RV to the laundromat once after a week or 2. Unless the laundromat is like 150 miles away or something.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rent a car. Pick economy for cheapest rate . They will give you whatever they have and its usually an upgrade from economy at no extra charge to you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C basement washer and dryer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.