|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question about unit stabilization

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
TravelinDog

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/21 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 39 ft Cougar 5th wheel that we just brought home. After unhooking it from the truck, chocked the wheels and let the auto leveling system do it's job. There is absolutely zero movement front to back or laterally.

Just say no to the payload police ">

Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/21 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might find the blocks under leg pads will help if the level jacks are not unloading the suspension. Ours on self leveling unloads the springs and supports most all of the weight of the trailer thus no movement

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This will help also.

https://www.valterra.com/product/rv-stabilizer-14-28-universal-boxed/

C.B.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SUMRX4 wrote:

We are headed out again next weekend. After the auto level sequence I will run each down a tad more and see it that helps.
I looked at the strong arms but Didn't see any with hardware to mount to the round hydraulic jacks. Just the square electric jacks. Am I missing something?

I kept my Steadyfast stabilizers I had on my previous fifth wheel thinking I would use them on the new one . They are similar to the JT's . They did a great job on my old fifth with just the conventional landing gear in front ,and the back stabilizer jacks . The new fifth with the six point level up is pretty solid . I ended up selling my Steadyfast stabilizers, didn't see the need for them .

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/21 01:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SUMRX4 wrote:

We are headed out again next weekend. After the auto level sequence I will run each down a tad more and see it that helps.
I looked at the strong arms but Didn't see any with hardware to mount to the round hydraulic jacks. Just the square electric jacks. Am I missing something?

They provide adapters for the hydraulic jacks.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/21 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was very surprised with the 4-point auto-level system on our KZ. Just using it, alone, makes our rig at least 100% more stable than our old Komfort with standard electric front and crank-down rear jacks. There have been several times when I've forgotten to tighten up the factory-installed JTs and it takes a while before I go, "hmmmm, did I tighten the JTs? Seems a little more wobbly than normal." Sure enough, forgot to do so. :-)

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

CabinetmakerII

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/21 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SUMRX4 wrote:

There should be holes in the round foot pad in which to mount the bracket to. If not, drill a hole. Had these on my other coach and they worked great. I will install them on our new RV this winter.

Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2006 700 Arctic Cat ATV (X2)(Retired)
2014 Kawasaki Tyrex 4LE Side by Side

SUMRX4

VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I would really like is something on the far rear corners. My issue isn't up front with the landing jacks. My unit is 42' with 6 point auto leveling but I bet it 12 - 15' from the rear jack to the rear of the unit. The bedroom is in the rear of the coach and the movement is almost embarrassing sometimes...if you know what I mean!

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the MORryde site, they have a new HITCH MOUNT STABILIZER P/N SP54-182 that mounts into the Receiver Hitch Tube (If you have one) with arms on each side that fold down and are adjustable, then a Ratchet Strap between those arms that you crank good and tight and helps take some of the tail bounce.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[quote=SUMRX4] ad been curious how sturdy it would be with those hydraulic jacks.ll it's just one point straight down with no lateral support. I didn't notice that big of an issue with it shaking but wife brought it up. [./quote]

get under and look how there mounted, there a lot more robust than the old standar type of leveling jacks. I have a 40 foot with 4 point and realy these is less movment than my old 30 foot camper with the jt strong arms. I wouldnt waist money on any aditional stabalizers unless some one was giving you a set for free.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question about unit stabilization
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.