|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/21 03:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

95 and humidity I will have utility hookups and no generator running and will be very happy.

Grid goes down? Not going to carry a generator for that. Don't have one for my home either.

$10,000? You overpaid.

If you don't camp much, that's a viable option. It may only be every 5yrs that you have the power go out...an acceptable compromise.

If you camp a lot, having the ability to power the rig is really nice.

Example: we were in south texas last winter when they had their big ice storm...We got stuck for 3 days without power. It was overcast, so the solar wasn't putting out much. Without the generator, the furnace would have been out of commission.

Price us up a solar package including mounts and other upgrades taking into account RV payload and other considerations and tell us if it comes in below $10k professionally installed.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

FarrissE

1700 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In June of 2015, I bought a small toy hauler/camper and planned to boon-dock some when traveling and/or hunting. I started looking at generator options and I found the generators for travel trailers from Honda. It allows me to enjoy all the luxuries of home at any camping site. It produces 2800 watts of clean and fuel-efficient power and is capable of simultaneously powering all the essential appliances. This Honda Inverter Gas model EG2800IA weighs just thirty-four pounds. It has a compact design with handles for easy lifting. Therefore, you can move it by yourself without much hassle.

* This post was edited 11/25/21 08:44am by FarrissE *

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/21 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FarrissE wrote:

In June of 2015, I bought a small toy hauler/camper and planned to boon-dock some when traveling and/or hunting. I started looking at generator options and I found the generators for travel trailers from Honda. It allows me to enjoy all the luxuries of home at any camping site. It produces 2800 watts of clean and fuel-efficient power and is capable of simultaneously powering all the essential appliances. This Honda Inverter Gas model EG2800IA weighs just thirty-four pounds. It has a compact design with handles for easy lifting. Therefore, you can move it by yourself without much hassle.

According to Honda's website, the weight is 67.5#, not 34#. Also, it is rated at 62 to 67db, a LOT louder than the 48 to 52db that the Honda EU2200i is rated. That is what is considered a "construction generator."

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP responded on page 2 about the generator he decided on. And the argument about the pros and cons of solar goes on for another 6 pages.

That's funny!
[emoticon]

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/21 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

The OP responded on page 2 about the generator he decided on. And the argument about the pros and cons of solar goes on for another 6 pages.

That's funny!
[emoticon]

No... YOUR brand of (truck/trailer/generator/solar panels) is inferior and MY brand is better!

Just helping the thread move along =)!

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/21 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.