|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Tires Lighten my Wallet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Wouldn’t want to buy a USMade tire with a stellar record I guess.

which would be?

The GY ENDURANCE line of course.

Biggest problem with them, besides being so new, Is that they are Goodyear. I just don't care for Goodyear tires. Never in the last 50 years did I ever have good service from Goodyear. And yes I have had many Goodyears from the Goodyear Eagles, to the Wranglers. I will say the Wranglers were better than the Eagles.
Then of course there is the first traveltrailer tire blow out I ever had. Goodyear Marathons. So, Goodyear is not high on my list to buy.

“Besides being so new”. Is that the best you can do? Almost 5 years is not new. Maybe criticize the 8/32” thin tread.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

which would be?
Have you not been paying attention for the last couple years? [emoticon]

Why yes I have. and the last ST tires I bought were the best on the market. MAXXIS.

I realize that the new Endurance are supposed to be good. but they are still proving themselves. Their biggest problem is that they are made by GoodYear, and GoodYear sucks
I meant on this forum...one of Goodyear's head cheerleaders abides here. [emoticon] And B&W hitch too, but that part's okay. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

which would be?
Have you not been paying attention for the last couple years? [emoticon]

Why yes I have. and the last ST tires I bought were the best on the market. MAXXIS.

I realize that the new Endurance are supposed to be good. but they are still proving themselves. Their biggest problem is that they are made by GoodYear, and GoodYear sucks
I meant on this forum...one of Goodyear's head cheerleaders abides here. [emoticon] And B&W hitch too, but that part's okay. [emoticon]

Yes I am and for good reasons. You seem to be quiet on the Sailun topic these days. [emoticon]

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If want to hear about Salun's my last set of 637's lasted 8 years.
I am now on my 2nd set.
I hear you guys touting Goodyear Endurance but what about the venerable GY G614.
Don't hear much about them anymore since Sailun entered the market.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I am now on my 2nd set.
I hear you guys touting Goodyear Endurance but what about the venerable GY G614.

Hey you never hear me criticize the Sailun tires as all I have ever said I am not a fan of buying Chinese tires when US Made are available.

Remember all I got a few years ago was "ENDURANCE has not been out long enough"

See below this coming January 30th they will have been on the market for 5 years, now all people can say to criticize them is the tread is too thin.

Around 07 the 16" GY "G" had some issues. Since they have been a good choice. The 17.5" GY "H" have been good overall. I will admit I have had a few issues that were taken care of with new tires. If these have the same Issue I will look elsewhere, probably the GY Commercial 17.5" Kmax.

AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence. Millions of workers who haul equipment from job to job have echoed that desire.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear's 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.

buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/21 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

I am now on my 2nd set.

Hey you never hear me criticize the Sailun tires as all I have ever said I am not a fan of buying Chinese tires when US Made are available.

See below this coming January 30th they will have been on the market for 5 years, now all people can say to criticize them is the tread is too thin.

Around 07 the 16" GY "G" had some issues. Since they have been a good choice. The 17.5" GY "H" have been good overall. I will admit I have had a few issues that were taken care of with new tires. If these have the same Issue I will look elsewhere, probably the GY Commercial 17.5" Kmax.

AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence. Millions of workers who haul equipment from job to job have echoed that desire.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear's 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.
Endurance are not a load G tire.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Snip... You seem to be quiet on the Sailun topic these days. [emoticon]
I've been telling people about the issues with the Vietnam Sailuns lately. Not happy with that at all, but there are still some options when I need to buy. Hopefully my "G" rated Westlakes will last a couple years, but I'm not really optimistic about it. The Endurance won't cut it for me, not enough payload, and I absolutely refuse to pay the extortionate fees for the G614. I want to see the gun when I'm robbed. [emoticon] Maybe, much as I hate to say it, the new Carlisle "G" rated tire, which makes me shudder to even contemplate.

* This post was edited 11/09/21 08:47am by an administrator/moderator *

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

buc1980 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

I am now on my 2nd set.

Endurance are not a load G tire.

May want to read what I replied to and what I said. Never said the ENDURANCE offered a “G” rated tire.

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/21 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Michelin XPS Ribs on my 5th wheel. They are currently 6 years old. Leaving for a 1000 mile trip today. Tires look great but I know they're getting old. Trailer is always stored in covered shaded area so no sun on tires unless on the road. Thinking 7 years is about when I should buy new.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/21 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mileshuff wrote:

I have Michelin XPS Ribs on my 5th wheel. They are currently 6 years old. Leaving for a 1000 mile trip today. Tires look great but I know they're getting old. Trailer is always stored in covered shaded area so no sun on tires unless on the road. Thinking 7 years is about when I should buy new.

IMHO, carry on!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Tires Lighten my Wallet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.