RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Bought a second truck.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Bought a second truck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 30  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/22 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

The interior the day I bought the truck.

[image]

[image]

I finally got my visors painted today and the new anchor pins that go in the ends of the visors by the rear view mirror to hold them up.

[image]

The first car I ever had was a 1950 Ford 4dr that my dad had purchased new.
It was an "extra" car that my sister drove when she first got married. When she bought a car it got handed down to me in about 1969-70.

This mirror was on the drivers visor. You could track mileage with a pencil on the little spaces at the end of the mirror.

Its been on several of my cars over the years and now this one. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 02/02/22 05:28pm by specta *

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1976 Ford F-250 6.4L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/22 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

[image]

The interior the day I bought the truck.

[image]

[image]

I finally got my visors painted today and the new anchor pins that go in the ends of the visors by the rear view mirror to hold them up.

[image]

The first car I ever had was a 1950 Ford 4dr that my dad had purchased new.
It was an "extra" car that my sister drove when she first got married. When she bought a car it got handed down to me in about 1969-70.

This mirror was on the drivers visor. You could track mileage with a pencil on the little spaces at the end of the mirror.

Its been on several of my cars over the years and now this one. [emoticon]

I owned a couple of those old fords with the flathead V8's , a 49, and a 50. But my first car when I was 15, was a 55 dodge. It was that pink ,and white ,very ugly [emoticon]

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/22 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

I owned a couple of those old fords with the flathead V8's , a 49, and a 50. But my first car when I was 15, was a 55 dodge. It was that pink ,and white ,very ugly [emoticon]

[image]

This one is very similar to mine, kind of a dark green metallic.

Pink and white was a popular color combo for Dodges back in the day.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/22 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

[image]

This one is very similar to mine, kind of a dark green metallic.

Pink and white was a popular color combo for Dodges back in the day.

It was surprising it was so popular, it was not that good looking of a car .Both my old fords were two door if I remember, it's been a few days [emoticon] I has several of those old cars ,49 Olds , 54,55,56 Chev , 56 ford. 59 Corvette.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/22 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cmon guys. We’re talking aboot Ford here.
Not exactly known for making very many good looking cars…ever. Lol

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/22 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the pic of the '50. My great-grandfather bought 1 new, and drove it 'til '63. The family said he picked it up the day I was born. The only time I was allowed to drive it without him in the car was when his broken leg was healing. Once a week load a case of eggs in trunk, take Grand-ma to town. Drop eggs off at back of store, park by front door. She would give owner her list. If she did not need to go to JC Penny's in the next town up the highway she would walk next door to visit, and I would go hang out at bench in front of courthouse until store clerk put MT egg case and groceries in trunk.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/22 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Love the pic of the '50. My great-grandfather bought 1 new, and drove it 'til '63. The family said he picked it up the day I was born. The only time I was allowed to drive it without him in the car was when his broken leg was healing. Once a week load a case of eggs in trunk, take Grand-ma to town. Drop eggs off at back of store, park by front door. She would give owner her list. If she did not need to go to JC Penny's in the next town up the highway she would walk next door to visit, and I would go hang out at bench in front of courthouse until store clerk put MT egg case and groceries in trunk.

I drove it around the parking lot behind our house until I got my drivers license. It didn't last long after that. LOL

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/22 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

I drove it around the parking lot behind our house until I got my drivers license. It didn't last long after that. LOL

Farm rule, if we went the 6-8 miles into any town, stop by house ask if Grandma needed anything. 1 day I stopped to drop off package for her as Mom and Dad where just saying hello to her, went on out to where Uncle and I working on machine. Dad came out went into a rant about me taking pickup to town, too young for DL. After he wound down, went back to house, I told Uncle "Guess should not mention I was 3 towns down highway yesterday." Uncle said "Don't need to tell him I don't have DL either"
BTW, if needed to I could take my pickup to town from the time I bought it, but had to wait 3 years after I bought car to take it to town.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/22 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never got to drive on the road until I had my license. [emoticon]

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/22 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I drove from the time I was about 12. We had to haul our garbage to a dumpster about 5 miles up the road from the house. That became my job. I even got stopped by the sheriff's department one time. The deputy just asked if my dad knew I was out in the truck. I said, yes, that I was just hauling off the trash. He said drive carefully and let me go on my way. Probably wouldn't happen like that today...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 30  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Bought a second truck.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.