|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

Sailun did not develop its stellar reputation overnight.
Much in the way a RV trailer puts added stress on a tow vehicle vs. most other family use trailers. RV tires should be held to a higher standard than a typical trailer tire.
RV tires carry a very non aeroadynamic load. They are heavily stressed when parked in tight spots. Typically they carry a heavier load than most non professional trailers their size
They are used 100's of miles away from home, often in remote areas.
Using a no name off brand tire for a utility trailer or a locally used boat trailer does not require the same rigor and reliabilty required by an RV trailer.
With that in mind I prefer the weight, additional capacity margin and stellar reputation of Sailun vs. the other off brand tires.
Sure you could gamble with some other off brand RV tire, but why when there is a proven and tested tire available? Sailun its reputation speaks for itself.
I agree Sailun WAS a very good trailer tire but with the relocation of the manufactures to Vietnam the reputation was going downhill fast.Goodyear 614 was a very bad tire when they start,I got 3 blow on them now they OK but the price is ridiculous high.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.

Bayley

Meridian

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/22 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well it appears that the quality issue was on tires manufactured in mid 2020 according to the recall. The tires I received were manufactured a year later so hopefully Sailun corrected the problem and I'm good to go.....the tires are certainly heavy duty!! We'll see how they perform.

Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.