|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Transfer Switch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right now I run the Dish from the inverter. I also run a separate cord to the 30A shore inlet so the whole TT is on 120V.
When I go to run the gen for a quick batt charge I just swap the gen cord for the inverter cord at the exterior shore power inlet and flip the charger breaker on. Kind of a PITA but it works.
I don't know any other way around it because the Dish sat needs constant power.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Right now I run the Dish from the inverter. I also run a separate cord to the 30A shore inlet so the whole TT is on 120V.
When I go to run the gen for a quick batt charge I just swap the gen cord for the inverter cord at the exterior shore power inlet and flip the charger breaker on. Kind of a PITA but it works.
I don't know any other way around it because the Dish sat needs constant power.

Run a separate 120V outlet from the inverter to where your sat receiver is. Wire that new outlet directly to the inverter. Sat receiver gets it's power only from the inverter. No more sat resets.

Inverter now acts like a "constant on" UPS for your Sat receiver.

Downside is you will need to always keep your inverter turned on whether you have shore power or gen power in order for the sat receiver to work..

Or as I mentioned, pony up to a better inverter which has a built in automatic transfer switch and will switch from shore input to inverter and back automatically. The limitation to that setup is you generally will have to choose what circuits you want to have on the inverter depending on how you wire things..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Transfer Switch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.