RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: roadside assistance for Diesel Pusher

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> roadside assistance for Diesel Pusher

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
saaboo

calif

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question: we have a 43 ft. Diesel Pusher and am looking for imput on anyone who has had to use this GoodSam Roadside Assistance to be towed/flatload to a repair center. We are looking at joining GoodSam roadside. but want to hear feed back . we currantly have AAA roadside and we broke down last week and sat in the middle of a intersection for 5.5 hours. because AAA roadside could not find us anyone to tow us. nor could they(AAA) find us a mechanic to help us.it was a very Disappointing day knowing that we have paid good money for a service that had ZERO service.

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/21 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If AAA couldn't find anyone to give you a tow why would any other roadside assistance company be able to find one in that area?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

obgraham

TriCites WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-Net.
It's what they do.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Platinum Plus Plan is what I use. All roadside service plans have different levels of service.

Be sure to buy a plan that will cover your need and interest. Do not expect a basic plan to cover a premium need.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a 40' DP. Last year we got towed by Good Sam to a service facility. The tow charge would have been $1200.00 but Sam did it for free. We had to wait 45 minutes on the side of an interstate highway. About as good as it can get.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a huge difference between NorCal and SoCal AAA service. NorCal service leaves a lot to be desired.

saaboo

calif

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jdc, this was Southern Cal AAA. I know there is different levels of service, we had the best Rv roadside aaa offers and confirm when we purchased. That the tow was available for a rig this big. But found out that when we needed it it was ‘nt worth anything.

* This post was edited 11/17/21 05:44am by saaboo *

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sat in an intersection like that once a few years back not only with a 40 ft DP but I had a trailer behind--waited a couple of hours on Good Sam and they finally sent a little tow truck that was useless. A state trouper arrived and I told him I didn't care where he got someone with the right equipment. He called and 15 min later a BIG tow truck came and a F-350 to tow the trailer. I had to pay but it was a very good experience, they were great. Switched to Coach Net and have used them twice in several years, once for a flat and once for a lock out. Coach Net!

Colo Native

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go with someone else GS sucks. I have used or not twice and they were horrible, The first time waited 4 hours in a metro area and the 2nd they kept changing the tow distance from unlimited down to 26 miles. Turns out no one could tow it when the air bags would not fill.
Check your insurance they may have the coverage you need.

2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/21 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Colo Native,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had when calling in for assistance. We set a very high customer service standard and always want to make sure we are providing that across the board.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> roadside assistance for Diesel Pusher
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.