RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Do I need my WD bars just to move in the driveway?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Do I need my WD bars just to move in the driveway?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 11/29/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bcbouy wrote:

some of you really need to go back and re read the op's original question before pontificating.


[emoticon]

Yup, it's not like the guy is doing 60 MPH in his back yard.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/30/21 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

bcbouy wrote:

some of you really need to go back and re read the op's original question before pontificating.


[emoticon]

Yup, it's not like the guy is doing 60 MPH in his back yard.

Amen


Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/09/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on most every thing you said. Unloading the front axle WILL induce sway. No question. That is what the WDH fixes. I do agree about the tongue weight.

I have decided that Terryallan is a troll. No one can be that wrong that consistently in the face of people who actually know the subject. He is doing this intentionally. We should just ignore him. All future responses to him on this topic should just be "Troll Alert."


Just think. someone like you with no knowledge of how
WDH works calling some one who does know a troll. I have been setting up WDHs for 20 years. I'm really good at it. NONE of the trailers I set up have any sway period.
Come with me. I'll teach you how it's done.


Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers


Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/09/21 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Not a troll, just somewhat uninformed and misguided in his theories.


Gee I don't know. I've been setting them up for 20 years. And not one of the trailers I setup sway. For some one that is uninformed. I'm pretty good at it. At least the people who bring their TT to me think so.

as I said a properly setup TT will not sway. The keys are weight, and weight distribution.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/09/21 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:



Just think. someone like you with no knowledge of how
WDH works calling some one who does know a troll.


Add clairvoyance to Mr. Allen's skillset apparently....
Or have you actually observed Mr. Bobbo's lack of knowledge that you claim?


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/09/21 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Not a troll, just somewhat uninformed and misguided in his theories.


Gee I don't know. I've been setting them up for 20 years. And not one of the trailers I setup sway. For some one that is uninformed. I'm pretty good at it. At least the people who bring their TT to me think so.

as I said a properly setup TT will not sway. The keys are weight, and weight distribution.


To be fair, I don't believe I ever questioned your abilities to set up a wdh. Actually I know I didn't. Would have no reason to, as I have no actual knowledge of your abilities.
What I question is your level of experience towing (different vehicles, different trailers, different conditions) simply based on the fact that you seem to be relying on a very small sample set of your truck and your trailer, which I don't recall having changed int eh better part of the 10 years I've been on this forum.
And I absolutely question your knowledge of physics, statics and dynamics based on some of your assertions.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

Senior Member

Joined: 09/16/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/09/21 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on most every thing you said. Unloading the front axle WILL induce sway. No question. That is what the WDH fixes. I do agree about the tongue weight.

I have decided that Terryallan is a troll. No one can be that wrong that consistently in the face of people who actually know the subject. He is doing this intentionally. We should just ignore him. All future responses to him on this topic should just be "Troll Alert."


Just think. someone like you with no knowledge of how
WDH works calling some one who does know a troll. I have been setting up WDHs for 20 years. I'm really good at it. NONE of the trailers I set up have any sway period.
Come with me. I'll teach you how it's done.

Troll Alert


Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Do I need my WD bars just to move in the driveway?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.