RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Is travelling through the states safe re: Covid?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Is travelling through the states safe re: Covid?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bertrand

nanaimo

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/21 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

me and my wife are double vaccinated and we are planning on travelling from Vancouver BC to Yuma Harizona at the beginning of 2022, does anybody know the situation regarding Covid in Harizona and California? Does anybody know if we have to show a negative test result at the border to be able to cross (by land) to the US and also coming back to Canada after a few months.

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/21 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would bring my vaccination cards with me and get a booster shot if you can. Stay away from crowds and wear a mask if in doubt. I can't help as far as crossing the border I would check with the authorities about that. They say cases are on the rise in the states but with vaccination and precautions, I would not be afraid to travel. Good luck and best wishes!

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/21 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd travel but just be prepared. Bring your vax card, call ahead to get any protocols, wear a mask as necessary and enjoy.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

marpel

notapplicable

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned (two days ago) from driving to/from Vancouver and Denver, Co.

Supposed to show (double )vaccination proof S/B at border (we went through Pacific Crossing), but border agent only looked at our Nexus cards and waved us through. Didn't even ask about our status.

The further south/east we went, the less adherence to Covid protocols were witnessed. We were used to masking/social distancing etc in BC, but by the time we reached Denver, it was almost chaos. Few restaurants/businesses had any protocol down there, including no masking by restaurant staff, although a few customers (maybe 10 percent?) were masked. At a Build a Bear, although staff were masked and they had a limit to customer count and spacing protocols, none of that was enforced and they were way over capacity with no-one wearing a mask and everyone (including many young children) shoulder to shoulder.

Being curious, I asked one, unmasked, hotel desk clerk why no-one was masking. She told me it was their right not to mask.

Can't comment on vaccination rates, but I believe they are far less than BC. Not sure of the states you mentioned.

Coming back (this may change by time you return), we had to be tested within 72 hours of crossing border. Able to do it, for free, at one of the Walgreen Pharmacies along the way. And went through a rigorous procedure at the border (even required to mask up in car as approaching border agent), including being "randomly selected" to do a follow-up self-test (remotely witnessed by lab staff) once home (by authority of Health Canada).

As it was difficult to determine who was/was not vaccinated and few wore masks, we began treating everyone as unvaxxed. Managed to keep to ourselves during trip down/back, but difficult once there as were visiting relatives.

Marv

liamricci

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/21 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have plenty of masks and sanitizers always in the car (we mostly order those from online pharmacy). Organize your documents. Have your test ready before crossing the border. All should be fine. Travels are a little more complicated but still possible. We just spent few months in Mexico and it was great.

* This post was edited 12/05/21 04:32pm by liamricci *

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/21 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling through. NO problem I have a friend who does it all the time Windsor to Detroit to California or there abouts and back again.. (yes he is one of those folks who can cross the border)

It's when you stop and interact with others you might have issues.

But Fully Vaccinated WITH BOOSTER if eligible your chances of a SERIOUS problem are low.... News tonight 87% of those in COVID-ICU.. NOT vaccinated.

Other news the new Omnicom variation.... So far it's been "Mild".

But it's too soon to say much about it.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

oliviaolivv0101

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/21 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not? If you have a vaccine then I think everything will be fine. I travel a lot, but during quarantine it was very rare because I did not have a vaccine and was worried about my health. I took various vitamins from Online Pharmacy and I know that I have a strong immunity, but still better to be safe. Now I have a vaccine and my dad and I often do small trips around the states and it's so wonderful! I wish you a good trip, I'm sure it will be great! Good luck!

* This post was edited 12/05/21 12:38pm by oliviaolivv0101 *

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bertrand wrote:

me and my wife are double vaccinated and we are planning on travelling from Vancouver BC to Yuma Harizona at the beginning of 2022, does anybody know the situation regarding Covid in Harizona and California? Does anybody know if we have to show a negative test result at the border to be able to cross (by land) to the US and also coming back to Canada after a few months.

If you have been fully vaccinated AND you wear a mask AND mind the two meter social distance thing, you should be good to go. As for needing tests to cross borders, that situation changes almost on a daily basis. Your best bet is to inquire of the border authorities a few days before attempting to cross. Anything anybody tells you today, no matter how accurate, is likely to be questionable at best THEN.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/21 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Given the litany of other natural and man made things that can kill you, you've done your best and placed your faith in being vaccinated. Life spent worrying about not living is not not living.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/21 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will say one thing, there are no lack of Alberta, B.C., Sak., and Ontario plates on the roads and streets of Yuma. Come on down!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Is travelling through the states safe re: Covid?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.