|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Better handling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/21 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

try relaxing your grip on the wheel and look a little farther ahead and it may solve your problem. it is quite common for first time owners to over react just relaxing and not fighting it helps a lot.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/21 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

Might want to read this on the Chf. Have run across some that did this and the cost for repair was not nice. If you are having an issue then fix it the right way and enjoy it far longer and a nicer ride. front end alignment and correct air pressure will make a big difference. You might add that tires can and do cause a lot of handing issues.

CHF fix

Not what I would consider a reliable article considering it's from a company selling their own trac bars. LOTS of people have done the CHF with amazing results and zero issues. I did it on both my previous MH's and it almost totally eliminated truck push and wander. You also want to start with proper PSI which requires loading your rig for travel and setting PSI to the tire manufacturer's chart. OP - you said you are new to the Class A world, so you may want to have some realistic expectations on how Class A's - especially gassers - ride and handle. Not to say there aren't things you can do to improve ride, but I would start with free things before I'd throw a bunch of money at it. Alignment and proper psi should be done regardless of your issues.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/21 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While driving cross country and also being a first timer I was able to anticipate the “push” from passing big rigs and steer slightly into it as the front of their vehicle approached mine. I had more issues with the surprise gusts of crosswinds that were occasionally encountered. That said, I agonized when we first purchased whether or not to add a Safety Plus or not and decided to see how it handled first before dropping $800-$1000. As of now I’m happy I kept the money in my pocket.

Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

Lancslad

SE VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/21 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Find a good truck shop to do an alignment. Then do the CHF. Then if you need to open your wallet. I did the first 2 and can drive with 1 hand!!

2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/21 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a few threads on this @ Tiffin RV Network

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Better handling
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.