|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 6.6 GM. Gas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/21 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

See if that worked. The 15 best, i have no idea what that means. Might be for a set period? Not sure. I do know i clocked the miles in the smaller range and I got around 12 around town. So with that , and the roughly 50/ 50 highway and city , it should be about 16 highway and 12 city. Or I'm getting better then 12 city and a little less on the highway. But I dont think thats right. Its 6 of one, or half dozen of the other. And ignore the high mpg , i was taking the picture while driving so was coasting downhill.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still getting "The following problems were encountered while processing your request:

> Your message contains invalid formatting. Please use the toolbar provided to ensure proper formatting.

Then i used every icon on the toolbar, and nothing but the same response.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, used a diffeent link. And that worked.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/21 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mileage looks good! The DIC is not always perfect but close!

If you copy paste this on your search line, should take you to forum pic drop or drag pic, or select. http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

I was towing my 7x23 aluminum v-nose sled trailer across a remote area, cruise set at 70 BSn with buddy, noticed the side/head wind picking up, looked at display showing 6.9 mpg!!! I knew my next fuel stop about 70 miles ahead. I brought up miles to empty 37...not good!!

I have a 35 gal tank, should have been no problem. I slowed to 50 mph, cruise off, slower up hill, coasted down hills. What happens when miles to empty reads 0?? Nothing, but continued on at 50 mph. Made it, put in just over 35 gal. Yup, display lied, went 35 miles, after tank showed empty!

Anyway, you learned to post pics, and a seem a cool dude! [emoticon]

Jerry

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/21 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is pretty impressive.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/21 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

That works too! Lol.
But I am serious about the millage,14.2 average over the last 400 miles. So, I do half highway and half city. Thats dictated by where I live. If the site was easier to post a pic, i would. The towing was averaged, over the last disney trip. So, 1200? Miles each way. It will also depend on the driver and if you ride the brakes I guess. But its a real figure. As close as I can tell.

So I'm wondering here. I don't use the dashboard computer to get my mileage. I take the miles driven, divided by the fuel used in gallons. How do you guys calculate your actual mileage?

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/21 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vintage465 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

That works too! Lol.
But I am serious about the millage,14.2 average over the last 400 miles. So, I do half highway and half city. Thats dictated by where I live. If the site was easier to post a pic, i would. The towing was averaged, over the last disney trip. So, 1200? Miles each way. It will also depend on the driver and if you ride the brakes I guess. But its a real figure. As close as I can tell.

So I'm wondering here. I don't use the dashboard computer to get my mileage. I take the miles driven, divided by the fuel used in gallons. How do you guys calculate your actual mileage?

For me, i use the dash, i have a 36 gallon tank. I was at e, but not at the get fule now light, my truck took 36 gallons. So its hard to tell what you used also. Both are just rough gauges in my opinion. I will say, the truck gets about the same as my 2012 sierra, and I think both were better then my 2014 JKU.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vintage465 wrote:

Sjm9911 wrote:

That works too! Lol.

While I think the driver information center (DIC), is a very useful tool, it seems more about averages, when figuring mileage. IMO, your, my method gives more accurate results. Of course, most accurate mpg should be figured over lengthy distance, all in city, all on interstate, or all towing, at normal traveling speed.

Trucks mileage, towing capability, both improved, with the move to 6-speed, eight, and ten speed transmissions. To me though, the biggest noticeable improvement was the 6-speed, with ability to lock out upper gears.

Jerry

* This post was edited 12/05/21 12:29pm by MFL *

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/21 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experience with my GM trucks shows the DIC is inside 1 mpg when compared with doing figuring it manually, and when using the average at 400 miles it is within .5 mpg. To get that kind of mileage on a mix of city/highway mpg is good mpg for HD gas pickup.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 6.6 GM. Gas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.