|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Looking for small fifth wheel, no bunks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Njmurvin

Simi Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

I don't know what your definition of small is. The Arctic Fox 27-5L is 3" shorter than 30 ft. It is also 8 1/2 feet wide and has a GVWR of 13,600#. I would call it a large fifth wheel that is on the shorter side! Maybe not the right choice if lightweight is part of your "small" desires. Nice trailer though, it was on my short list at one time.

Good point. I usually point that out. My older version is a bit shorter, narrower and lighter. However, OP said "under 30" and didn't mention any weight constraints.

2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the Arctic Fox 27-5L, I also thought that our 5th wheel is exactly what you are saying you want. I admit I had to look up what theater seating meant in an RV, and I think ours has it. We watch tv looking straight at the tv, in our recliners.

Ours also has a full size queen bed, not a short "camper queen" and you don't have to open anything to get in the fridge when stopping at the side of the road. Having to open and close a slide is just more unnecessary wear and tear on the slide mechanism.

Yes they weigh more than most of the Indiana built campers, and they are 3" wider on each side that gives you more living space, but try to find a better frame that holds everything else up in that size of a 5th wheel.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Kentucky_Joe

Fort Thomas, KY USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/21 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, that Artic Fox looks perfect to me! We don't really have to worry about weight. When I said smaller, I guess I really meant shorter. My husband is only concerned about the width. Why is there always something!! This is almost the lay out of what we just had in our Cougar which was perfect to us. We also had an additional sofa! All at 30 feet. Don't know why they quit making that floor plan. Access to everything, and plenty of windows! (Only reason we are getting new is someone ran into back of it and insurance won't fix. Totalled it ) I can't find any dealerships close to us, but will do more research. Thanks for the suggestion! We can do without access to fridge if necessary, but would really like access to bathroom if at all possible. I've been on all kinds of websites but Artic Fox never came up.

Njmurvin

Simi Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If width is an issue, then you could consider looking for a nice used 2012 or earlier. They switched to the wide body in 2013.

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google Dune Sports in Mesa AZ. They build 99% of their units on custom order. All they build are bumper pulls and 5th wheels.

Everything they do is what you order. Call them, don't just look at their website.

Piddlers

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/21 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out the Grand Design Reflection 303RLS. Lots of windows, and you can access half the fridge, bathroom, and bedroom with slides in.

Happy Travels!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Looking for small fifth wheel, no bunks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.