RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

Sherrod Dodge Ram Diesel 3500 Dually ... Give it a loooooong name so they can charge a loooooong price. The cost of trucks is getting way out of line -- Guess they need only sell ONE now to make the monthly nut, instead of four or five. [emoticon]

Had to look that up. Apparently Sherrod is a long standing "upfitter" of vans, IE conversion vans, who has spun off into dolling up perfectly good trucks to make them look like bro-dozers right off the dealer's lot.

I'd say look out for getting ripped off for what is essentially bling and maybe a lift kit, but too late for that.

Otherwise, nothing else to look out for . Diesel goes in the hole on the right, DEF on the left, truck will tell her when to change the oil and fuel filters...

Edit, and if for some reason it came with the OE wheels and Nexen tires (not likely if it's a "Sherrod", lol) then they are junk and plan on them not lasting long and really suckking in the winter if she's in Cape Cod w you!

* This post was edited 12/07/21 12:43pm by Grit dog *

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is fun though!
Since a "custom edition" truck can't have just normal amenities, presume it started out as a Laramie or higher trim level....before going to the ripoff store for a bunch of bolt on ****.
I generally think it's rude, but have to ask how much a "Sherrod" custom Ram dually goes for? And what "upgrades" does it have?

PS, this is always funny, in this market even, when someone says "I couldn't find anything to buy, so I bought ______ (A Sherroddd custom truck)!

Even more curious, what constitutes a "heavy trailer" that she needs to haul daily for her work, requiring a dually and also requiring one to use their personal vehicle? I'll presume self employed or owns her own company.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope - not personal vehicle - definitely a working truck. She owns an entertainment company - one that sets up party weekends in shopping malls - she supplies those blow-up slides and bounce houses for kids, etc. She works year-round, but the holidays (any holidays) she gets very busy - usually booked out months in advance. Yes, hauls heavy trailers with her equipment - blowers, generators, etc.

She lives in Central Florida ... no worries about snow at this time in our world history. She's been looking a couple weeks - not much out there she can use for its hauling tasks.

Laramie is a Ford, BTW. [emoticon]

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

Laramie is Ram, Lariat is Ford.

I drive a Tradesman so I'm just happy to have four tires and a seat.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@monkey44, I think you're thinking of Lariat. That's a Ford trim level, or used to be, idk if they still use that name.

It is funny how many truck models or trims are all Western, big country, cowboy type nomenclature. Apparently a Ram "Cincinnati" model, or a Chevy "Cleveland" would not pack the same punch! LOL

Regardless, it's a fine truck and nothing to worry about.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

US GM guys forget Dodge is now Ram ... Don't have specifics yet, she just bought it yesterday. Will get info...

And only a few of us "dodge guys" are AR (a n a l retentive) enough to actually care and correct someone over it! I'm not one of them...

SORRY, it's being informative. It's all in how a person wants to ingest information. NO ill intended just being informative.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IdaD wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

Laramie is Ram, Lariat is Ford.

I drive a Tradesman so I'm just happy to have four tires and a seat.

Are you being Critical or Informative??? [emoticon]

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, like I said - GM guy - never owned a Ford, never owned a Dodge or Ram. So don't even know the difference between Lariat and Laramie or Lasso, or Justin. [emoticon]

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

@monkey44, I think you're thinking of Lariat. That's a Ford trim level, or used to be, idk if they still use that name.

It is funny how many truck models or trims are all Western, big country, cowboy type nomenclature. Apparently a Ram "Cincinnati" model, or a Chevy "Cleveland" would not pack the same punch! LOL

An Ohio themed trim would certainly pack a punch but I'm not sure the marketing folks are trying to make people think about strip clubs, Waffle Houses and despair.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IdaD wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

An Ohio themed trim would certainly pack a punch but I'm not sure the marketing folks are trying to make people think about strip clubs, Waffle Houses and despair.

YIKES!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.