RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Flashman

Tucson, Aizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IdaD wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

@monkey44, I think you're thinking of Lariat. That's a Ford trim level, or used to be, idk if they still use that name.

It is funny how many truck models or trims are all Western, big country, cowboy type nomenclature. Apparently a Ram "Cincinnati" model, or a Chevy "Cleveland" would not pack the same punch! LOL

Regardless, it's a fine truck and nothing to worry about.

An Ohio themed trim would certainly pack a punch but I'm not sure the marketing folks are trying to make people think about strip clubs, Waffle Houses and despair.

Well darn it - well said!

Flan

NE

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not use 15/40 oil under any circumstances. Fresh def. plan on getting filters and oils ahead of a service they are becoming harder to find due to supply chain issues. Keep idle time to a minimum. Exhaust brake is her friend. Same with tow haul.

* This post was edited 12/07/21 09:48pm by an administrator/moderator *

Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I don't understand looking for feedback after a vehicle has been purchased?

My personal opinion (which is all you're getting here is opinions) is that all 3 are very good vehicles. No surprise, if I were buying today, it would be a RAM.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I guess I don't understand looking for feedback after a vehicle has been purchased?

My personal opinion (which is all you're getting here is opinions) is that all 3 are very good vehicles. No surprise, if I were buying today, it would be a RAM.

I agree. No particular allegiance, but it would be a RAM for me as well. Mechanically and feature-wise they're all good trucks, but the others are clunky and ugly, and the RAM is quite stylish . . . and the only one I could get with a Cummins.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/21 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

US GM guys forget Dodge is now Ram ... Don't have specifics yet, she just bought it yesterday. Will get info...

And only a few of us "dodge guys" are AR (a n a l retentive) enough to actually care and correct someone over it! I'm not one of them...

SORRY, it's being informative. It's all in how a person wants to ingest information. NO ill intended just being informative.

About as informative as telling her the payload is actually more than 2000lb ton on a 1 ton truck. Technically true but no one was confused by the original statement.

Ohio themed trims:
- Cross-eyed Buckeye
- Mud Hen
- Flaming Cuyahoga

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Nope - not personal vehicle - definitely a working truck. She owns an entertainment company - one that sets up party weekends in shopping malls - she supplies those blow-up slides and bounce houses for kids, etc. She works year-round, but the holidays (any holidays) she gets very busy - usually booked out months in advance. Yes, hauls heavy trailers with her equipment - blowers, generators, etc.

Is she planning running under dot radar or full commercial vehicle with a dot number. I'll assume she has all her ducks in a row for that type of work.
If she plans on working just under dots numbers a blinged up truck isn't her friend but is a big dot target. Dot loves pulling these guys over (no dot numbers) for a roadside looky-see..... or have those with dot numbers pull into the right hand lane and around back at scale houses.
She sure don't need that type of grief.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She's legal -- she's been running this business for over twenty years ... she has four trucks that work nearly every day. One truck got nailed at an intersection - she needs all four, especially during the holidays.

We got a bit off-topic here ... I was just looking for info about this diesel - anything specific we should watch for on it, or any extra maintenance this engine might need. She owns two other diesel trucks, but both Fords.

Thanks for the input - y'all have a great holiday season !! [emoticon] M44

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flan wrote:

Do not use 15/40 oil under any circumstances. Fresh def. plan on getting filters and oils ahead of a service they are becoming harder to find due to supply chain issues. Keep idle time to a minimum. Exhaust brake is her friend. Same with tow haul.

M44... This is the best advice along with the DEF/Fuel fill (Grit Dog) that I seen in the entire 3 pages.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to High School with Jerry Sherrod, founder of Sherrod conversions in Waycross. I’m not a fan of lifted vehicles or other custom items. Jerry started out customizing vans when it was really popular during the early 70’s. One doesn’t stay in business unless they have a good product.

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Friends have Ram 3500s. Nice vehicles IMO. Do the maintenance and she will be fine.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Dodge 3500 Diesel ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.