|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach Net has wrong name on my account

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/21 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe you should let that account end when time to renew rolls around and open a new account.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

Maybe you should let that account end when time to renew rolls around and open a new account.

Yep I have been thinking that way, but the account is 16 years old since 2005, well but yep I know.

Also my account expires on Feb 1st the other guys account expires on April 1st.

You know you get older and change just sucks.

Thank You JimR

* This post was edited 12/22/21 11:04am by JimR 1 *

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

JimR 1 wrote:

Update

Well it has been a week since Dec 8th and two phone calls to the same agent and one email and nothing. Makes me wonder??

Any one having issues besides the one post above this one.

JimR

I wrote to David Ostlund the president of coachnet a week and a half ago via email to inform him of the issues I had with their "service" where we were left on the side of a very busy highway, just feet from traffic for 29 hours. I never got a response. I then contacted their customer service, same story... no response. Next, I contacted their sales department... again no response. Oh... I've been a subscriber for about 25 years... this will probably be the end of my dealing with them as they don't seem to care and were totally infective in getting us towed off the road. . Maybe you might have better luck in trying to contact the president of coachnet....
his email is DOSTLUND@Coach-Net.Com

US Rider. US Rider is an EMS for equestrian folks The only ERS that will tow a trailer with LIVE animals!

When I first signed up with them, I checked and double checked the policy, which indicated I did *not* need to be towing a horse trailer. I did *not* need to own a horse. They would tow both the trailer and the tow vehicle. (You could be towing something *other than* a horse trailer).

Now to *YOUR* call: So, I still had some "reservations" (doubts) about the coverage. Sent an e-mail. Not only did I receive an e-mail reply, I received a letter (by USPS) and an invitation to call the Director of Operations, US Rider Equestrian Motor Plan (Who, in 2014, was Linda Lee).

soooo - I did !!
The clarification reply: Abbreviated by me - "Any trailer you tow with a motorized vehicle will be available for all USRider emergency assistance services up to the limit of the membership".

and

"We also invite you to look at page 2 of the Agreement under the DEFINITIONS heading. "The term 'Horse Trailer' or 'Trailer' shall mean a non-automotive vehicle that is towed by a Motorized Vehicle".

Wish I could relate service calls vs response, but I have never had a need to use them.

However - the *personal* attention to my questions "sold" me on their plan/s.

Hope your choice will do likewise.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimR 1 wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

Yep I have been thinking that way, but the account is 16 years old since 2005, well but yep I know.

Also my account expires on Feb 1st the other guys account expires on April 1st.

You know you get older and change just sucks.

Thank You JimR

Jim,
During my fiasco with coachnet, when I called, they did not ask for my member # even though I had my card in my hand but asked for my name and looked up my coverage based only on my name. You might want to push them to correct your issue as if you had a need to engage them, they might have an issue providing service because of the wrong name on the account. good luck !

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

I-Can-Am-Can-You

Licking County, OH

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When they told me that Central Ohio near Columbus was out of their service area and left my wife stranded with an inoperable car, that was the end of Coach-net for me. Good luck resolving your name issue. Sounds like nothing has changed in the couple years since I left them.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I-Can-Am-Can-You wrote:

When they told me that Central Ohio near Columbus was out of their service area and left my wife stranded with an inoperable car, that was the end of Coach-net for me. Good luck resolving your name issue. Sounds like nothing has changed in the couple years since I left them.

I thought that AAA was the only one to do that.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 10:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I sent another email through the contact us part of the web page and got an answer.

The answer: Thank you so much for your email and for being a valued Coach-Net member! Please contact our member services department for further assistance:

OK but I have been in contact with the member services four times now.

Also I went to the web page today and the other name is there so I changed the password and updated my information except the name.

I went to the renew page and that page said my service had expired 90 days ago.

????

JimR

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/21 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK Coach Net problem solved hopefully

As I understand it, there were some new accounts merged with established Coach Net accounts by a RV dealer in Texas. I discovered the issue when I was sent a renewal email with a different account number and attempted to sign into my account. When I signed into my account, I needed to use the secret question and answer method to get into it and was surprised to find someone else’s name and address there but my information on my RV was correct. There were other issues too when trying to renew, (hit the renew button), and then the correct name came up but said my account had expired by more than 90 days.

Per the person I talked to at CN today this has happened to a hundred or so accounts and people are calling in. This information was not available when I called the first time on December 8th.

The fix was done by Coach Net’s IT department issuing new accounts and closing the old established account, hence the expired message, and then having the account holder, me, sign into CN and sign up like a new member using a new username and the new account number. Once I signed into the account all my information was there just like nothing had happened except for a new account number.

I need to say even with the issues above that when I called into customer service and used my name, they, Coach Net, knew who I was and confirmed my coverage

Thought I would pass this along as it sounds like there may be a few more but who really knows for sure

JimR

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/21 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for reporting back.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/21 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8 years with zero issues, 3 flats and one major tow. Always prompt and courteous, I have their app on my phone, push send and they answer, they have account number and GPS if on in the phone.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach Net has wrong name on my account
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.