|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fridge Leak

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Dometic RM1350 4 door refrigerator. Yesterday I noticed a little water on the kitchen floor. I went outside and opened the access vent panel and saw things were wet. I shut off the water supply to the ice maker, dried things as best I could. Long story short, water keeps appearing. Any ideas where it could be coming from. It is not coming from the condensate drip tube.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like your condensate drain is plugged, maybe frozen.

Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is water coming from the condensate drain. That is what I first thought.

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully, late at night when you wake up and need to urinate, you actually open the bathroom door.....and not the fridge door..... That light that automatically comes on may not be your friend....

Good luck to you.

Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/21 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LoL I will be careful !!

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/21 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Odds are you have a leak in the Icemaker line BEFORE the cutoff. There is NOTHING on your refer that will produce enough water to seep out even if the condensate tube was doing it. Is the water still soaking the outside rear of the refer? Also, has it been raining? could your roof vent be the problem? Doug

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You say the water is not coming from the drip tube. The material Dometic used for the drain tube becomes very hard and brittle, especially since it is intertwined in the coils on the back of the fridge. They have switched to a black tube material that I think is somewhat better.

For that matter, I went with a friend to look at and purchase a 2017 model travel trailer. He had just sold a too small for them trailer and this was pretty much the right size. In looking over the trailer we found the Dometic drain tube was still coiled up and shoved up in between the coils on the back side, the way it is shipped from Dometic. The factory had never bothered to pull the tubing out and unravel it and route it thru the louvers in the outside vent.

A third possibility is the water is coming from outside via the sidewall vent. It is a poor design and any rainwater running down the side makes its way thru the gap at the bottom where the removable insert and the frame meet, there is no dam or ledge to stop the water from intruding inside.

Charles

'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fridge Leak
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.