|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The RV Demand Continues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/22 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cbshoestring wrote:

I know I wouldn't be willing to sleep across the backseat of a pickup for the amount they are taking home. I like the creature comforts of my 389 Peterbuilt Fitgerald Glider.

That is a nice little humble brag...gotta give you that.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/22 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lryrob9301 wrote:

From the Business JournalHome
Travel
A major RV maker now has more than $18 billion in backlogged orders and says its dealers may not be fully restocked until 2023

RV maker Thor Industries has a $18.07 billion order backlog.
Demand for RVs has remained strong since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CEO Bob Martin says it may continue restocking its dealerships into 2023.

Famed RV maker Thor Industries now has an $18.07 billion order backlog as of October 31 as demand for tiny homes on wheels continues to remain strong through the COVID-19 pandemic, the company said in its 2022 first-quarter earnings report on December 8.
Thor Industries — which owns brands like Jayco and Airstream — first saw rising sales in May and June of 2020, especially from first-time RVers, Bob Martin, Thor's president and CEO, told Insider in May 2020. Since then, interest has yet to taper off: The RV maker achieved $3.96 billion in net sales in the first quarter of 2022, a 56% increase compared to the same time last year.
Thor has now reported record net sales for three successive quarters despite labor, cost, and supply chain "challenges," which it predicts it'll still continue to face, Martin said in the earnings report. However, the RV maker has been "pretty much sold out for the next year" as dealers have "virtually no inventory," Martin told CNBC's Jim Cramer on "Mad Money" in June.
"Independent dealer sentiment remains positive and consumer demand for our RV products remains strong," Martin said in the earnings report. "The dealer restocking process will still take a number of quarters to complete and could possibly extend into calendar 2023."
To alleviate this backlog, Thor Industries acquired Airxcel, an RV parts manufacturer. Martin called this acquisition a "key piece" in Thor's efforts to bolster its supply chain.

Good info. I'm glad that I've found it. I've recently looked for the info about Thor Industries and found reviews of people who drive these RVs https://thor-industries.pissedconsumer.com/review.html I should say, I'd like to buy an Airstream Pottery Barn. It looks really good.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/22 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Georgia RV lots are full of new RVs. Shop around.

pbeverly

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/22 04:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

The Georgia RV lots are full of new RVs. Shop around.

Picked up my camper yesterday after work was completed from tire blowout damage. The lot was PACKED with new units.

In Columbia, SC

Ridgeway, SC

ChuckSteed

Mtn Home, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/22 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping World and Two Bish RV dealerships in Boise Idaho are packed to the gills with RVs... There isnt a shortage of available RVs and those that are being built on a scale of 1 to 5 rank about Minus 5 for their build quality...

I would not purchase ANY RV made from 2020 and newer right now

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a shortage of RV's from the smaller manufactures. Right now you can't get a lot of Lance, Outdoors RV or Northwood MFG trailers. The dealers near me that carry those brands have diddle on their lots. Out here in the PNW far away from Elkhart some of the big multi location lots are full of **** brands.
Lots of big cheap built 5ers and TT's like Sierra, Salem Lites or Arctic Wolf types.
Truck lots are all but empty as well. It's gotta be the worst time to get into RV'ing as long as I can remember.
And good luck getting any kind of a decent deal on an already overpriced RV.
Even 20% off MSRP is still more than the MSRP was pre covid for the same everything on the RV.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

It's gotta be the worst time to get into RV'ing as long as I can remember.

Hang on! The worst is yet to come. So many factors working against the overall RVing community.

If you have been in RVing for more than 10 years, you are able to see all the changes that are taking place from beginning to end. I would be staying home except I don't have a whole lot of time to enjoy RVing. A real quandary to be sure. Costs are up and fun is down. Bring back the good ole days.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh such doom n gloom! Lol
Y’all are too funny!

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/22 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I survived the 50's, and stuck in the 60's. At 82, it's easy for me to believe that the worst is yet to come. Meanwhile, I get a notice that I better upgrade to a 4G (mine's a 3G).

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might need to look at the individual manufacturers to see if they have placed artificial demands on their employees which caused a reduction in their workforce which caused their production to halt. Requiring your employee to be a gunnies pig and take experimental injections in order to come to work would be one cause of a slow workforce. The reasons can be obvious. Blaming slow imports might be a reason too, but if the lots are full of cheaply-made RVs then someone is getting parts to build them.
SInce there are RV lots full of RVs I would assume there is no shortage of RVs in general, only perhaps a shortage of a particular manufacturers models due to self-inflicted harm to their bottom line.
It is hard to take this question seriously when RV lots are full. Either people are not buying, or the problem does not exist.
Mask are useless and the vax makes you more vulnerable to any illness, esp the current one that is about gone by now.. Yes, tell your employees they take deadly drugs and wear health-harming petri towels on their faces all day in order to work and you get a weak work-force, more sick days, retiring early employees, no-shows, hospitalized workers who die from remdesivire or ventilators etc, then that company will of course have issues.
We are in this mess because we allowed it to happen, we did it, the politicians only suggested it to us.

* This post was edited 03/04/22 07:52am by ajriding *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The RV Demand Continues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.