|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Need help to buy Rv Trayler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
gcosio

dallas

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/21 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, dear, thank you for your advice, I am closing the business and I will make the changes as you tell me not to the guarantee or GAP, the RV is well taken care of, I will only inspect that the water and drainage services are equal to the air and the heating. If you have any other suggestions, it will be great. Once so thank you for your advice.

Lwiddis

Anza-Borrego Desert SP area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/21 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you sure about buying? Renting RVs could help you figure out whether you like the lifestyle and which type of RV is best for your family.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/21 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GAP insurance might be required by your lender, I got a 4.25% rate but my credit union requires that I carry GAP insurance on my auto policy to cover them in case of a loss.

My biggest suggestion to anyone buying an RV is to pay a mobile RV tech to do a pre-purchase inspection before handing over any money, btw this even applies to new RVs since there are so many dud units shoved out the door and RVs are not covered by lemon law in most states.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/21 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None of y'all responding members see anything strange with the OP's posts??
And I used to wonder how it was even possible that people could get scammed so easily...

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

And I used to wonder how it was even possible that people could get scammed so easily...

Who's getting scammed and for what? While the posts are a bit unusual, it reads like someone doesn't know much about RV's is buying an RV and possibly a bit of a language barrier. Probably tons of people in that boat that never bother asking on a forum. Infer what you want, but I checked my wallet this morning and my cash and cards are still there.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/21 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Who's getting scammed and for what? While the posts are a bit unusual, it reads like someone doesn't know much about RV's is buying an RV and possibly a bit of a language barrier. Probably tons of people in that boat that never bother asking on a forum. Infer what you want, but I checked my wallet this morning and my cash and cards are still there.

Unless the OP comes back indicating he is not a native English speaker, something definitely seems off with the comments.

Not sure what the goal is but something certainly off.

If he really is legitimate:
- Go talk to your bank and see what they offer.
- As he appears to be a newbie, what are the specifications of the truck he intends to pull it with? Dealer is not a good source for towing capability.
- Similarly, what is his experience with maintenance and repair. Warranty won't cover maintenance or repairs required due to failure to maintain the rig properly. If he's needing an 11yr loan, I would be concerned that he doesn't have the finances to pay someone to keep it up properly.
- Extended warranties are typically 30-50% profit...stay away.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

I rest my case...

gcosio

dallas

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to clarify that I enter this forum looking for advice and experiences for which many of the members present here have surely had. I am not a Scam nor is it my intention to spy or steal anything, I want to clarify that.
It is true that I do not handle the terms of some phrases or words in the English language correctly I apologize to the Annoyed.
It is true that I have no experience with VR life, but I feel entitled to learn and listen to the most experienced members of this Forum.
Thanks to all who positively commented and gave me their suggestions.
I must tell you that you take them with great respect and responsibility.
I finally got the RV Heartland - Mallard
Floorplan: M185 and I look forward to learning how to care for it and maintain it.
I also trust the good people who want to help me.
Thank you all.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gcosio wrote:

It is true that I do not handle the terms of some phrases or words in the English language correctly I apologize to the Annoyed.
My word for these people would be much worse....

Please don't let the rejects keep you away and from asking questions - glad everything is working out for you - and happy camping!

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/21 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to hear, best of luck, have fun and apologies for the insinuation.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Need help to buy Rv Trayler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.