|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Pandemic in Mexico V USA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/21 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is not a post to discuss the pandemic or any politics. Just an observation We left a week ago for Tucson and Quartzsite. We usually go for a month. Had a non refundable reservation. We got to Tucson just when the talk was all about Omicron. Began to get a worried. 75% of the Arizona population do not wear masks. No Social distancing. Dirty shopping carts and crowds. For 2 very senior travelers this would likely become a disaster. Quartzsite is a great spot. Lots of fun. Interesting people and lots to see within 100 miles. But with no crowd control very dangerous. Rocmoc warned me but I took no heed. ( Sorry Rocmoc). Yesterday we returned to Kino. All the toll booth people were masked. Even the 18 wheeler divers were masked. In Sonora you cannot enter an Oxxo with out a mask. Some of the small grocery stores do not allow anyone into the store. They have a take out window. We lost our full payment at the CG but are glad to be back in Mexico! Nuestra Tierra.

Lwiddis

Owens River area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/21 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the factual report.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you for avoiding wide-open Arizona. NM is strict, CA is strict.

obgraham

TriCites WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 08:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indeed, here in AZ most of us are carrying on with our lives.

Lwiddis

Owens River area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/21 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you “carry on” masked?

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in Ciudad Satelite a suburb of Mexico City and it is rare to see someone without a mask, my little 3 year old grand kid goes to pre kinder and wears a mask while in school and goes shopping with dad to the supermarket and Costco, they only let one person at a time from the family to do the shopping, in 2020 no children were allowed in 2021 yes with masks on otherwise no entrance, I guess that Mexicans take the pandemic more serious than other places.

navegator

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in Zihuatanejo, Guerrero. You can't enter any business without a mask, and mask wearing is expected and done. Things have just changed so two people from one family can enter a store together, and no one under age 12 is allowed, still.

There is also a foot bath at the entry of most buildings and many have temperature checking devices there too. The two supermarkets in town have people who spray sanitizer on the cart handles as you enter, and ALL businesses have hand sanitizer at the entrances.

The issue here is that we are tourist town. The people from the US and Canada refuse to wear a mask in public, "I'm vaccinated. I don't have to." They are unhappy about having to mask up in a building, but have found that if they don't, they can't enter.

* This post was edited 12/29/21 11:13am by Talleyho69 *

rdhetrick

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/21 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's encouraging to see such dramatically lower rates in all these places that take the pandemic so seriously and are masked everywhere they go....yeah....ok...

Rob - Solo Full Timer
2006 Mandalay 40E
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My observation is I live between two worlds here in Texas. We live between two communities. 15 miles one way is a rural, blue collar community that lives like COVID doesn't exist. No masks to be seen in the HEB or restaurants there. 20 miles the other direction is a somewhat larger, wealthier community with a Krogers. Krogers takes all the precautions such as sanitizing carts and requesting masks worn. They can't require it. Masks are the norm in that community.

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/21 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Arizona, life is good. Heading for the Quartzsite rv show in January. Looks to be interesting. After that, heading down to Puerto Penasco for a bit.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Pandemic in Mexico V USA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.