RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Where did the Non weekend RVers go?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where did the Non weekend RVers go?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
98coachman

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/22 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

This site has lost a lot of its former steam.
x2[emoticon]

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/22 02:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

This site has lost a lot of its former steam.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Other sites are running on electricity.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/22 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

I'm a fulltimer and participate in other RV forums where the fulltimer community is much more active. If anything, I think the last couple of years have seen a significant increase in fulltimers, especially among the pre-retirement crowd. With so many working from home, a home that can be pretty much where ever you want it to be is certainly attractive.

I believe you may be correct. I took a walk through my old park and was amazed at the number of kid’s bicycles there were. At one time it was mostly an AARP snowbird destination. Guessing they don’t use old forums to interact like RV.Net anymore.

Covid19 made work from home the new normal.

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/22 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read and participate in a few forums and have noticed the same thinning of posts. We have also stopped using some of the great campgrounds that are within a few hours of us due to the inconsiderate actions of the current batch of newbies. The kids don't bother us, but the 20 and 30 somethings that think the world needs to know them can drive this non drinker to drink. Why do our dogs need to know each other? Why do we need to know each other? We sure miss the days of meeting your neighboring camper when it seemed convenient to both of you.
Walking through a campground used to be a joy with all the different ways folks set up their site. Now walking the dogs is a major chore due to having to avoid the #$&*@ running over to pet dogs they do not know and don't ask about first. Seeing all the cameras, security lights and high tech locks on their minimalist campers makes me wonder if the place is less safe because of them. We have taken to using only motor coach campgrounds as we have had good luck avoiding the idiots there. Maybe in a couple of years things will return to normal when the folks with more money than brains latch onto something else to do like cliff jumping.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/22 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

I read and participate in a few forums and have noticed the same thinning of posts. We have also stopped using some of the great campgrounds that are within a few hours of us due to the inconsiderate actions of the current batch of newbies. The kids don't bother us, but the 20 and 30 somethings that think the world needs to know them can drive this non drinker to drink. Why do our dogs need to know each other? Why do we need to know each other? We sure miss the days of meeting your neighboring camper when it seemed convenient to both of you.
Walking through a campground used to be a joy with all the different ways folks set up their site. Now walking the dogs is a major chore due to having to avoid the #$&*@ running over to pet dogs they do not know and don't ask about first. Seeing all the cameras, security lights and high tech locks on their minimalist campers makes me wonder if the place is less safe because of them. We have taken to using only motor coach campgrounds as we have had good luck avoiding the idiots there. Maybe in a couple of years things will return to normal when the folks with more money than brains latch onto something else to do like cliff jumping.

Or, more succinctly, "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Another case of GOMS here...

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/22 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

Sounds like a regional thing. In 12 year of RV camping I've never seen what you describe.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like grumpy old man syndrome to me. I am 80 and park my DP in private campgrounds. Have never used state parks etc and have never seen what you mention. Was in Myrtle Beach before Christmas then went to South FL and got back here to central NC last night. QC just sounds unhappy....I post frequently!

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well in my case a nice semi driver "nicked" my bedroom slide just enough to total the motor home so I moved into an apartment and gave up the RV life for now.. Do not know yet if I'll ever go back to it.. Kind of liking not moving every week or two.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not grumpy old man syndrome at all. Been camping for a long time and like the rest of the world I have noticed the respect level for anybody and anything has gone way down. Given that, I still do not use my outside speakers or start a fire under the window of the next campers slideout or dump my tanks while the neighbor is eating at his table ten feet away. These and many other details keep most people happy at the campsite. Sadly, looking around at other campers there are fewer smiles and more scowls.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/22 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

Not grumpy old man syndrome at all. Been camping for a long time and like the rest of the world I have noticed the respect level for anybody and anything has gone way down. Given that, I still do not use my outside speakers or start a fire under the window of the next campers slideout or dump my tanks while the neighbor is eating at his table ten feet away. These and many other details keep most people happy at the campsite. Sadly, looking around at other campers there are fewer smiles and more scowls.

I'm going to agree with you to a point that are standards are changing.
When did it become OK to swear when writing a public letter or post.
I read differnt diatribes where people will use the F bomb very casualy to describe something. Or throw is a couple of other bad terms just for good measure. Maybe I have old man syndrome but is it OK to use the F word casually in a public written dialogue?
Do we have to lower the bar that low? Is allowing swearing keeping it real!
Just to be clear I don't see the F bomb phenomenom on this forum but I see it plenty of places

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where did the Non weekend RVers go?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.