RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Water pump runs continually

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Water pump runs continually

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Thermoguy

Graham, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/04/2017

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/09/22 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you post pictures or something? Might be a bad seal, the filter is not screwed on tight enough, or something completely different. You will need pictures for people to understand what you are describing.

2112

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Posted: 01/09/22 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What was the resolution to the lights? Don't leave us hanging. Inquiring minds want to know


2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857


2112

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Posted: 01/09/22 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use This Link to post pics.

It will generate some code. Copy and paste the code into your post as-is.

IamSiler

Georgia

New Member

Joined: 01/06/2022

View Profile



Posted: 01/09/22 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

What was the resolution to the lights? Don't leave us hanging. Inquiring minds want to know

Lol sorry…

He had turned the faucet to the city water off because it pours out of some other tank. From what I’ve read it may be a bad valve on the water pump or something . I thought the problem was resolved when I turned the faucet on but then the water pours out so something else is definitely wrong.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/10/22 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are leaking water when connected to a water source, you need to trace the leak. It's either a connection in your hose and filter, or you have the valves for city/fresh water in the wrong position and are overflowing your tank. If your valve is in the correct position it is possible you have a bad valve. This is odd though because if your tank was full and overflowing your pump would not continuously run - unless you have a leak.

Given the limited information, I am going to guess you have a leak somewhere in the supply line. This guess is based on the fact that your water pump continues to run. It wouldn't do that if your water tank was full and overflowing.

What does the reading say on your fresh water tank?

Are your winterization valves in the proper position for use?


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/10/22 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IamSiler wrote:

2112 wrote:

What was the resolution to the lights? Don't leave us hanging. Inquiring minds want to know

Lol sorry…

He had turned the faucet to the city water off because it pours out of some other tank. From what I’ve read it may be a bad valve on the water pump or something . I thought the problem was resolved when I turned the faucet on but then the water pours out so something else is definitely wrong.


Your descriptions are confusing, some is your terminology. IE don't know what a city water faucet is.
If reading right, you got the pump working right but now have leak from somewhere.
Is it possible your city water connection also can fill the FW tank (not common, afaik), maybe by turning a valve to divert from the plumbing system to the FW tank and it's just overfilling the fw tank?
The FW tank will freely overflow if overfull. Its designed to do that


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/10/22 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's all try to remember that we were all new here once upon a time. A lot of the stuff that feels like common sense to us was confusing until we figured it out.

A little patience and understanding for the newcomer will go a long way.



2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/10/22 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Let's all try to remember that we were all new here once upon a time. A lot of the stuff that feels like common sense to us was confusing until we figured it out.

A little patience and understanding for the newcomer will go a long way.


It appears everyone is being extremely helpful thus far, however the OP's posts come in fits and spurts with terminology Im not certain anyone understands.

I'd suggest the OP find someone whos camping and ask them to take a look, as we're not getting very far with his/her descriptions.

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/10/22 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Let's all try to remember that we were all new here once upon a time. A lot of the stuff that feels like common sense to us was confusing until we figured it out.

A little patience and understanding for the newcomer will go a long way.


It appears everyone is being extremely helpful thus far, however the OP's posts come in fits and spurts with terminology Im not certain anyone understands.

I'd suggest the OP find someone whos camping and ask them to take a look, as we're not getting very far with his/her descriptions.


I disagree. Do unto others, man. Try to remember how it felt when you were new. Give the guy some slack and let him get his feet under him. It just takes a minute to be kind. Or keep scrolling.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/11/22 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Let's all try to remember that we were all new here once upon a time. A lot of the stuff that feels like common sense to us was confusing until we figured it out.

A little patience and understanding for the newcomer will go a long way.


It appears everyone is being extremely helpful thus far, however the OP's posts come in fits and spurts with terminology Im not certain anyone understands.

I'd suggest the OP find someone whos camping and ask them to take a look, as we're not getting very far with his/her descriptions.


I disagree. Do unto others, man. Try to remember how it felt when you were new. Give the guy some slack and let him get his feet under him. It just takes a minute to be kind. Or keep scrolling.


Buddy, not sure why you're in a tiff over this one. The OPs 2 threads have both been civil and folks trying to be helpful including multiple suggestions to find a real live person nearby to help them through their issues. I suggested this because they appear unable to articulate, even remotely effectively, what their issues are.
He!!, I even PMd the OP, who got right back to me saying they had spotty service (but managed to reply to my PM?? yet no response to the outstanding questions from folks trying to help them).

The biggest issue is "we" may be trying to be "too" helpful, I suppose. Based on the OPs posts it sounds like they are on the road, somewhere, and cant turn off their lights without the fridge going dead and cant use the water because of who knows what.
Yet, after asking multiple questions and multiple responses, they go radio silence.

Maybe it's just me, but I expect that if I'm asking for help, I make every effort to respond completely and appropriately to help those that are trying to help me.

Best of luck to them.

Cheers!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Water pump runs continually
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.