RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Is this forum dying?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Is this forum dying?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
d1h

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hardly any posts anymore.

* This post was edited 01/13/22 12:50pm by d1h *

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 01/14/22 06:58am by BCSnob *

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about it's cold out for the majority of the continent. Looking for -20F for a couple nights.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like it's been dying for awhile now.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most went to farcebook and MeWe.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, lower post counts. Don’t think younger folks wanna are interest in forums as much Facebook and Pinterest.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/22 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got to have an app on a phone for the younger crowd to use it! I do notice that IRV2 is still pretty active but it is also has less traffic than in earlier days.

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that all are off a little, but then, I read seven RV forums. The type specifics are off just a little, but the broad topics (like this one) are off from a few years ago. I do credit FakeBrook for a lot of this. It is much more small screen friendly than any of the real forums. What you have to remember about FB is that is more about talking and much less about listening.

One of the FB pages I no longer read is a type specific about a vintage coach. While reading there, I saw what was not just wrong, but dangerous information passed along. When I read that the subject coach (savable, by my best guess) had been scrapped as a result of the incident created. (It was given to the towing company for the bill.) I left the group and have not returned.

The simple fact is that from GenX to Millennial, they all think that the Boomers have no idea how things work. I guess it doesn't occur to them that we created what they think they know all about.

It is now happening that we are seeing new young owners over at the type specific for the vintage coaches and it is rewarding to see their energy about the community.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This post is hilarious. 3 times now the reason why this forum is dying has been called out. And 3 times those posts have been deleted. Moderators kill this forum with edits, deletes etc that don't fit the narrative of the mod. Free speech doesn't exist. On a forum that's called around the campfire no less where thoughts and opinions should be fluid and diverse. So no one wants to post here anymore. This is the most illustrative example and so ironic that this particular thread continues to get edited to the point that the reason is swept under the rug.

Why is this forum dying? Because moderators take personal liberties with posts and delete them if they don't like it - despite not being against the rules. And the simple fact that this post and every other that calls this out get deleted, is beyond irony. That's not moderating. That's censorship.

Delete in 3, 2, 1 ....

You know it's going to be deleted in short order and then I'll get a PM explaining to me what a bad boy I've been for speaking my mind.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

John S.

Valley of Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I joined this forum in 2002 a year or so after I bought my first motorhome. I liked the people and we had group meetings and also had a sign we could put in our window and we would meet at campgrounds and talk. Heck we had one rally at a campground that had over 30 members at it and many more stopped by. I think back then the people who were on here were using it to get information on campgrounds and places as well as models. We had the same questions we have today though. I remember telling people that a couple of the bigger brand motorhomes manufacturers were in trouble as their sales were dependent on one dealer or they had a very high rate of warranty repairs. Yes my real job is to read company financials and figure out a company's prospects. That hurt a bit that I was correct but as a group we survived. Now we have lots of places to look. I am a moderator on the Foreforums for foretravel motorhomes. It is the go to place for information on that brand. The Prevost guys have their own forum as well and it is their place. Now we hav facebook and I see much more in my daily viewing of FB and I do not have to have the towing people tell me their opinions or look at the same questions for the last 20 years. So I check in here to find campgrounds and after rebuilding and remodeling a coach, there is not much I need to ask. I think also that the age of joiners is over. I am at the tail end of it and we are aging out and the new people are buying trailers by the gross and you see them in the campgrounds and know they are new. Heck I saw one guy drying out his black hose by swinging it over his head and putting a line of stuff on his trailer and the one next to him.

John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Is this forum dying?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.