RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/22 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Just call the one that may be on the way so they don’t get all the way ther only to find out it was sold as they were driving, if it works out that way!"

REALLY?????? So you agree to wait 4 hours then you would actually call someone after they have traveled 3 hours and tell them too bad so sad but it's sold. Incredible.

Don't think you would want it to be me that you just screwed over and went back on your word that you would wait the 4 hours. [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/22 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a similar situation when I sold my pickup. Last summer I guess I didn't realize that used trucks were in such high demand. People falling over themselves to buy a 13 year old truck with a rusted frame and 250k miles. But I got about 20 calls within 2 hours of the listing. I just told everyone that called, "I have had a LOT of interest in it and I cannot keep track of every single person calling. The first person in my driveway that hands me cash gets it. And I will immediately take the ad down when that happens. " I didn't concern myself with how far folks were driving. I would have driven myself nuts trying to keep track of who was virtually next in line. And probably irritated a few of them in the process. I did try and be empathetic to folks that told me they were coming from any distance. I was honest and let them know I had a lot of people coming. If they called me back in a hour to see if I sold it I was happy to let them know to save a trip.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/22 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[emoticon]

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/22 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you sell things very often you know that "NO SHOWS" are a fact. That's why I ask them to call when they are leaving

Never disputed that. Calling prior to leaving helps both parties.

The first person in my driveway that hands me cash gets it.

This makes perfect sense and is perfectly clear. If the "rules" are stated up front then all bets are off.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/22 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

patbrown24 wrote:

Potential buyer showed first thing in morning. Didn't purchase since looking at other possibilities. Second potential buyer showed up later in day. While he was out driving the vehicle, the first buyer showed back up unannounced and wanted to purchase.

I recently (maybe 5 weeks ago) helped an older single lady neighbor buy a new car after hers was totaled by being rear ended. I called the Toyota dealership and they said they had ONE coming in later that day. We drove over there to look/maybe buy. The salesman said another couple were there earlier to buy it, but wouldn't put a non-refundable deposit of $500 down before it arrived since they couldn't test drive it. They stated they would be back at 5pm to do so. My friend bought it at 3pm.

As an aside, while my neighbor was dickering with the salesman, the sales manager came up and said he had someone on the phone wanting to put a deposit on the car. The salesman said "my customer is here so she gets preference." Manager agreed.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/22 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've sold two 5th wheel rv trailers.....maybe 14-15 non rv trailers up to 22k gvwr.....two truck campers.....and I don't know how many trucks I used commercially.....cars.....motorcycles....boats...house hold appliances/etc and numerous other items.
I always tell a caller if other(s) are in front or a sale pending and if they leave a phone number I'll call when their the next in line.
If I get a call back or the next in line I ask for a time they want to look at my sale item.

In the OP situation I would give #1 looker a chance to come up with the bucks and let #2 know a sale pending.
Some times if a looker has to talk it over with a spouse they aren't that interested.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/22 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

ktmrfs wrote:

Had a similar issue on the last motorcycle I sold. Buyer 1 called very interested lived a few hours away it was thursday night and wanted to look at it sat am. I agreed. later had more calls, my response was your X in line, have someone coming to look at it Sat AM, if they don't buy I'm going down the line. First person looked at it, I told him the situation, make a decision this AM, or I go down the line. he bought it, called the others and said "sorry it's sold".

Yeah, but to be fair...KTMs sell themselves, don't they? [emoticon]

yup, mine did. 2001 with 20K miles and sold for more than half of what I paid for it brand new!! And quick.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Alan_Hepburn

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/22 10:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All this talk makes me feel like we made the right decision by selling our Jeep Wrangler to Vroom instead of dealing with a private sale! And back when we moved from a fifth wheel to a motorhome we ended up putting our F450 tow vehicle on a consignment lot - got what we wanted out of it and let someone else deal with any issues!

----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

dedmiston

Coast to Coast

Administrator

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/22 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

ktmrfs wrote:

Had a similar issue on the last motorcycle I sold. Buyer 1 called very interested lived a few hours away it was thursday night and wanted to look at it sat am. I agreed. later had more calls, my response was your X in line, have someone coming to look at it Sat AM, if they don't buy I'm going down the line. First person looked at it, I told him the situation, make a decision this AM, or I go down the line. he bought it, called the others and said "sorry it's sold".

Yeah, but to be fair...KTMs sell themselves, don't they? [emoticon]

yup, mine did. 2001 with 20K miles and sold for more than half of what I paid for it brand new!! And quick.

Wow. That's incredible. And 2001. That's from back in the days when KTM parts were hard to find. Good for you for being such a good bike-dad for so many years. I hope it found a good home.

I plated my 2005 WR450 years ago when our kids were getting their drivers licenses and I was too cheap to buy a new car for them to drive. It was fun riding a dual-sport around town, and it's a novelty here in CA where it's so hard to plate a bike. I thought about selling it when we got the SxS, but my son finally grew into it and it's a great bike for him when he's visiting. Adding the plate would really help its resale value, but I'll probably hang onto it until the kid gets onto his feet and can buy his own toys. It'll be close to worthless by then. It's been a great bike though.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/22 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After vehicles age into worthless, the value zeros out and begins escalating because it now becomes a 'classic' ... [emoticon]

Kinda like a 'granny-dress', at one time a dollar at the thrift store, now $500 at the luxury clothing stores

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.