|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck Fire Ford SD 6.7

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
LITEPHIL

AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

thomasmnile wrote:

Possibly,new or new to you truck in your future? Will be interesting to learn the repair estimate if you care to share it.

I suspect we will be looking at totaled, the right side of the engine compartment and everything on the engine on that side is burned up. The right front quarter, the grill and the hood are kaput.
The truck body is OK and maybe the engine other than all the stuff attached to the right. Alternator, battery, starter ect. Front wheels OK.

Right in this case is the passenger side in other words. We will see what Allstate has to say, hopefully it is repairable.

Believe me, you DO NOT want to try and repair it. Don't open that as an option to the insurance company

2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

BenK wrote:

Best to use nautical or drivers side, but some base standing in front of the vehicle and the drivers side is the right side...been there done that too often trying to help on the Internet...heck, even in person...

Also the why of operating room/table will have written with a sharpie which hand/arm/leg/etc is to operated on...too many mistakes have dictated that

What the he.. is wrong with people, everyone knows or should know one views the vehicle from the rear and the left is your left and the right is your right! STOP trying to redefine the obvious!!

Than you geoboy!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/22 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

I would be happy for the total as well. Hopefully your insurance treats you well.

First offer: $28600
That is a 2012 F350 6.7 4WD longbed with a Leer topper. About 170K on iy

Start truck shopping. Find every 2011-2013 crew cab power stroke you can find for sale within a few hundred miles of your location.
Have the evidence ready. Btw, first offer doesn’t sound horrible, so you may have less of a hill to climb reaching a settlement.
And know what you’ll get reimbursed for aftermarket stuff left on the truck so you can decide how to maximize removing aftermarket equipment vs leaving with the truck.

Regarding newer half ton vs another HD diesel…
Bunch of considerations that you can analyze.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/22 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

ksss wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

I would be happy for the total as well. Hopefully your insurance treats you well.

First offer: $28600
That is a 2012 F350 6.7 4WD longbed with a Leer topper. About 170K on iy

What trim level is it?

Lariet, leather seats, crew cab, 18 inch wheels

I recently traded my 2012 F350 6.7 CC LB FX4 King Ranch 83,000 miles for a new F150. I would have sold it myself, but due to almost no dealer inventory I had to order the F150 to get exactly what I wanted. And with a 3-6 month forecast delivery time I could not do without a truck that long. And the dealer allowed me to keep my truck until the new one came in. Ordered it July 2021 and got it December 2021.

That being said, they offered $34,000 trade-in. That was nada value. Along with the $2,150 savings in sales tax it came to the equivalent trade in value of $36,150. About 6 weeks after the new truck came in and the trade was completed, I got a call from someone who was considering buying my old truck. He had traced the history of the truck. I am in north Texas and he said the truck was in New Mexico. Surprisingly apparently auctioned off instead of being sold by my local dealer. He said they were asking $45,500 for it! [emoticon] The truck was in near perfect condition, but wow!

NADA may be what your insurance is going by.

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/22 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK,Port,Starboard. But do you know why?

Ancient ships didn’t have a centered rudder. They had a “steering board” attached to the RIGHT side of the ship. That meant when a ship came in to dock, it docked on the LEFT side of the ship. PORT side. The RIGHT side became the steer board (STARBOARD) side.

Lesson over[emoticon]

RVing since 1995.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/22 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joshuajim wrote:

OK,Port,Starboard. But do you know why?

Ancient ships didn’t have a centered rudder. They had a “steering board” attached to the RIGHT side of the ship. That meant when a ship came in to dock, it docked on the LEFT side of the ship. PORT side. The RIGHT side became the steer board (STARBOARD) side.

Lesson over[emoticon]

And my boat is much easier to port (dock) on the starboard side since a rudder doesn’t work real well in reverse…so confusing to not port on the port side….lol.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/22 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back on topic, OP, any insight into the cause yet? (Not that ins will do any sort of investigation, but maybe someone has shed some light on a cause?)

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/22 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Back on topic, OP, any insight into the cause yet? (Not that ins will do any sort of investigation, but maybe someone has shed some light on a cause?)

No investigations known or planned, the guess is electrical.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/22 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

No investigations known or planned, the guess is electrical.

Yeah 10-4. Morbid curiosity I guess.
Have had 2 vehicle fires in my life. Neither one got a second look from insurance other than “totaled.”

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/22 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK Allstate first offer $30000 via Edmunds Blue book I got an offer for $36500 from Carmax that does not include the $1500 Leer Topper.
Sent that to Allstate guy hopefully he will bump his offer up a bit. I saw a 2014 F350 almost identical to our 2012 except no topper and a shortbed on the local Carmax lot. The sticker said $54000?! Must be a mistake

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck Fire Ford SD 6.7
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.