|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it has more to do with the color of the cones and the fact that it indicates to oncoming traffic that the vehicle is parked and not moving

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

I think it has more to do with the color of the cones and the fact that it indicates to oncoming traffic that the vehicle is parked and not moving

Nope.. it is policy, as JRscooby stated. Has little to nothing to do with other traffic.

JRscooby wrote:

You ever see van or pickup setting with cones by the corners? Do you imagine somebody thinks it is easier to see the cone than the vehicle, so people won't run into the van? No. It is because it has been proven if a driver walks around their vehicle before they get in they are much less likely to hit something when they start to move.

Bummer this happened, and has been said....every....single.....one of us has had 'awchit' moments and screwed something up. Hate to see it.

And I'm on the side of..could always wish something had been better marked, etc, but in the end, I own it 100%. Bollards are a pain, always imperfect, and there for a reason. No different than curbs. How many cars have torn off their front spoiler because the curb was just a bit to tall, or whatever. Are we supposed to nerf/flag those too? No, it's on us, the driver.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And, completely objective. Yes flags on “short” obstructions does increase their visibility.
That’s why that method is widely employed in many applications.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slightly less objective, surprised someone hasn’t designed a kids backpack with an auto deploying dune buggy flag.
The Karen’s of the world would eat it up!

(Don’t nobody steal my idea now… this may be my ticket to riches!). Haha

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Nobody's saying to remove the posts, just design them using a little common sense. I'll bet your "99.99%" figure is quite high. I'd imagine they've been hit plenty of times due to their faulty design.

I admit, I'm using trump numbers, but if I had some way to prove it I would bet it averages at least 1000 uses between impacts. And the same in-attention that leads to impact there could in another time/place impact a child. How do we re-design them?

You can train a child. You can't train red pipes sticking out of the ground. [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Slightly less objective, surprised someone hasn’t designed a kids backpack with an auto deploying dune buggy flag.

I think I like that idea better than the school backpack I saw at Christmas. The 6 YO was so proud he could unzip, pull out of a pocket, pull over his head and have the meat of his body sandwiched in Kevlar

You can train a child. You can't train red pipes sticking out of the ground. [emoticon]

If the child lives long enough.
I thought the job of the red pipe was to train drivers not to run over the valuable stuff.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

I think I like that idea better than the school backpack I saw at Christmas. The 6 YO was so proud he could unzip, pull out of a pocket, pull over his head and have the meat of his body sandwiched in Kevlar

If the child lives long enough.
I thought the job of the red pipe was to train drivers not to run over the valuable stuff.

A. ???

B. No, pipes can't 'train' anyone, however they can 'prevent' drivers from damaging whatever it is they are set there for.

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B. No, pipes can't 'train' anyone, however they can 'prevent' drivers from damaging whatever it is they are set there for.

Pipe can't train? Are you saying the OP is likely to hit it again?
I bet he, and many that looked at pictures will pay more attention to them for a while.

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/22 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

lol, that just turned south and took a nose dive. Where did that come from??

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Great thread! Thanks for the eye opener OP!

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reality Check wrote:

lol, that just turned south and took a nose dive. Where did that come from??

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Great thread! Thanks for the eye opener OP!

Read JRscooby's previous post -- that's exactly where it came from, and my response was intended for him, not the OP.

Try to keep up [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.